Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: USB controller  (Read 3467 times)

Tipkwan

USB controller
« on: July 13, 2011, 06:53:31 PM »
USB controller stoped working on my labtop....Ican't plug and USB devices..need help?

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: USB controller
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2011, 07:36:50 PM »
Please provide more info. to your laptop model, OS, history and errors regarding your USB problems.

18carNASCAR

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: July 13, 2011, 07:59:57 PM »
    It really doesnt matter on the laptop year or anything. Maybe something went wrong with the eletrical inside. It could be that you or someone using the laptop might have accidently  dropped it and it now has a bad sauter connection.  Which could lead to it to stop working. You could have also damages the metal pins where you plug the device in which would not give it connection at all. But it could also be the laptop going because most laptops (as well as desktops) have a more than 1 USB port. If both of them dont work it could be that your laptop is going also. Or it could be that the power going to them it cut off because of bad sauter connection like I said before. So open up your laptop and make sure none of the sauter fell offf

Salmon Trout

« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2011, 12:04:21 AM »
    18carNASCAR, that is the longest "I don't know what's wrong with your laptop" post I have ever seen.

Person: My car won't start!
    18carNASCAR: Maybe something's wrong with the engine! Maybe something fell offf!

PS This is how you spell 'solder'.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #4 on: July 14, 2011, 12:30:01 AM »
    OK, I don't know either. The MS documentation says to turn off you computer, unplug l USB devices, turn it back on and wait a bit. Then plug in the USB thing in question. In a bit Windows will find it. If not, try another USB port. Wait a bit.

Mother says you just have to wait!

Lisa_maree

« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2011, 01:09:19 AM »
    Hi

Can you remember what the last usb device was you plugged in. Most Usb ports have self resetting fuses if to much current is drawn. But you need to remove the battery and power wait for say 3 minutes and then plug everything back in and then test the ports again with a going device like a mouse. If you plug a USB mouse in and the light comes on underneath but it isn't detected then there is either a driver problem or the USB controller is faulty.