Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Context Menus  (Read 3293 times)

The_Valkyrie

Topic Starter

Rookie
    Context Menus
    « on: July 19, 2011, 11:51:46 AM »
    Ok im looking for a registry key that will allow me to right click a file and choose the "save as" option.

Windows 7 system
    I personally have many entries for win 7 and the save as command but none of them affect the right click context menu...can someone help me out please?
    Why do i get fined $2.5 million for pirating a CD, but if i steal the actual CD i get a $2500 fine?

"Is it possible for the sound waves from airplanes to cause distortion in the wifi waves some how?" - Customer

Mulreay

Egghead
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Space and Science
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: Context Menus
    « Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 03:05:11 PM »
    You can always open the file with the program that uses such files, then choose 'save as'. Not sure if there is anything that would do that by simply right clicking on said file.
    For when the One Great Scorer comes
    To write against your name,
    He marks - not that you won or lost,
    But how you played the game.

Owner of www.spaceandscience.co.uk and YouTube partner http://www.youtube.com/user/mulreay

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    « Reply #2 on: July 19, 2011, 03:11:53 PM »
    Adding items to the context menu is not easy. See if anything here will help: http://www.tech-recipes.com/rx/1176/how-to-add-menu-items-under-right-click-or-context-menu/

Salmon Trout

« Reply #3 on: July 19, 2011, 03:56:55 PM »
    I foresee problems. A "Save as..." function is an application-level thing. Save something the application can read as something the application can write. Why should anyone expect the OS by itself to know how to save (for example) a jpg file as an mp3? I wrote that on purpose. If you see why it is ridiculous you will also see why the question is a misconceived one.