Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Video card instalation problem  (Read 1959 times)

Wesdude

Video card instalation problem
« on: July 19, 2011, 03:08:54 PM »
Today in the mail I got my new atx 500watt powe supply and radeon sapphire 5830 graphics card. I got the power supply working and went on to install the graphics card. It went in a little tight but was okay. I turned on the computer and windows recognized the new hardware. Then I pressed the wrong option and tried to get out by turning off the computer. Wrong move I guess. I was at the regular screen of windows and using a graphics device from my motherboard possibly. I tried putting in the cd but it seems my cd rom drive is gone now! I am clueless on what to do and i am very frustrated.I hope one of you guys can help me.

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Video card instalation problem
« Reply #1 on: July 19, 2011, 07:59:53 PM »
If your motherboard has integrated video, remove the video card and get the system to boot and run without this graphics card. Then shutdown correctly when this is achieved, and then install video card, and then boot system up and chose correct options for installation and then you should be all set with a reinitialized graphics card installation vs your current problem.