Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: problem with my alfa awus036h wifi adapter.  (Read 7966 times)

Unwilling

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    problem with my alfa awus036h wifi adapter.
    « on: August 08, 2011, 06:27:00 PM »
    So here's the deal:
    I have a awus036h wifi usb adapter,i had it for a few months,maybe a year and during all that time it worked perfectly,as fast as you can expect from this adapter.
    but a few months ago it started to go slow,terribly slow even failing to connect sometimes.
    I haven't made any significant changes to my PC and I'm pretty sure no one is stealing my connection,if i try to download anything it stops downloading after a few seconds,also Ive noticed that it goes even slower if i am doing something else example:if i minimize a game to take a look to a walkthrough.
    I'm not sure if this is a problem of the adapter since my usb ports aren't working properly either,i cant use any mass storage devices,the PC detects them and i can see whats inside but if i try to move anything it freezes and sometimes i have to restart my PC,but if i use something else via usb,say a wireless controller it works fine.
    i have used malwarebytes,mcafee total protection and others and nothing seems to work.
    I have tried other adapters,and tried to connect to other networks,and while this problem persists no matter what i do a friend can come to my place with his laptop and connect to my network without any problems...
    PLEASE HELP,IM GETTING DESPERATE.

note:I'm not sure if this post goes here or in the hardware section,but since what i truly want to fix is the adapter i think this is the right place to ask.

Lisa_maree

Re: problem with my alfa awus036h wifi adapter.
    « Reply #1 on: August 08, 2011, 06:37:09 PM »
    Hi

It would seem that the problem is the USB instead of the wifi adapter. There is a program called usbview that allows you to view all the devices that are plugged in or have been plugged into your usb ports. deleting all the devices in the list and then allowing them to reload often fixes this problem.
    This is the link to download
    http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/usb_devices_view.html
    Also as it is a data transfer issue it could be an interupt conflict but try that program and let us know if the problem is still there after clearing out all the usb devices.

Lisa

Unwilling

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: August 08, 2011, 07:47:46 PM »
      I did what Lisa said but nothing changed,i still have to see if i can now use mass storage devices since i don't have any to try right now,but nothing changed about the adapter.
      Also i will add that I'm using windows 7 64 and that I've tried win xp 32 booting from a different hdd and there was no difference.

Unwilling

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #3 on: September 03, 2011, 04:02:30 AM »
        PROBLEM SOLVED,the problem is that i did so many things that i dont know how i fixed it lol.