Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Record sound???  (Read 2707 times)

mandosetdaram

Topic Starter

Beginner

• Experience: Beginner
    Record sound???
    « on: October 10, 2011, 06:59:03 AM »
    Hi guys...
    I was wondering if you could recommend me a great AUDIO RECORDER?
    something similar to audacity.
    Thank you for your help! :D

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Record sound???
    « Reply #1 on: October 10, 2011, 07:34:48 AM »
    What problems do you have Audacity? you could always use Windows's built in sound recorder: Start>Run>sndrec32. What are your exact requirements for an audio recorder?
    In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
    Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

mandosetdaram

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #2 on: October 10, 2011, 08:21:25 AM »
        :D i indeed have a problem with it thats why i was wondering for other programs, funny u guessed that  :D
      i dont have any special requirement for recording audio just something simple...very simple...
      the thing with audacity is that when i try to record, it wont record any sound, i have tried to change the settings and everything....im just tired of that program

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #3 on: October 10, 2011, 08:35:34 AM »
      http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/windows/xp/all/proddocs/en-us/app_soundrecorder.mspx?mfr=true

have you tried the above link? are the drivers for the sound card installed properly? is the audio input on Audacity set to "Microphone?"
      In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
      Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #4 on: October 10, 2011, 08:42:26 AM »
        My personal favorite (of a great number tried) is CD Burner XP  http://cdburnerxp.se/en/download . It is free and extremely simple to use. It does NOT have all the bells and whistles of sound manipulation (like audio studio effects) but if simplicity and reliability are your goals this is it. truenorth

mandosetdaram

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #5 on: October 10, 2011, 08:47:46 AM »
          thank for that link i havnt used the Microsoft one yet...
          yeah the drivers and the sound card and yes the input is on microphone...cause i tried with the others and microphone is the only one working...
          thanks again for ur help

mandosetdaram

Topic Starter

Beginner

« Reply #6 on: October 10, 2011, 08:48:37 AM »
            truenorth interesting, i will try that THANK YOUUU  :D

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #7 on: October 10, 2011, 12:10:16 PM »
              Microphone is NOT the best way to try and record sound (unless it is from a voice source. It is too susceptible to deterioration factors such as ambient noise  and fluctuations. If it is the only port on your sound card that is functioning (hard to understand why that would be) then you need to change the sound card.truenorth