Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Help please, I deleted my SoundMax/sound driver!  (Read 9212 times)

IKayla

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    Help please, I deleted my SoundMax/sound driver!
    « on: June 28, 2011, 04:47:28 PM »
     :( I was cleaning up a old desktop and in my control panel I deleted my SoundMax then after finding out its my sound driver and now there no sound on my computer at all.

my operating System is Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition  Version 2002 and its a Dell computer Intel(R) Pentium(R) 4

Computer_Commando

Hacker
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Help please, I deleted my SoundMax/sound driver!
    « Reply #1 on: June 28, 2011, 04:49:19 PM »
    Get driver here:  http://support.dell.com/

IKayla

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2011, 06:13:14 PM »
      I keep try to download the driver on internet explorer but it says to reboot my computer which I did and still keeps saying that and isn't working ???

Computer_Commando

Hacker
      « Reply #3 on: June 28, 2011, 06:17:23 PM »
      I keep try to download the driver on internet explorer but it says to reboot my computer which I did and still keeps saying that and isn't working ???
      Says to reboot before, during or after the download OR after the download and during or after the installation of the driver?  The only time a reboot is required is after the installation of the driver.

IKayla

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2011, 06:24:34 PM »
        It says "Driver not found! Reboot your system, and run this setup again." which I do and same thing happens

Computer_Commando

Hacker
        « Reply #5 on: June 28, 2011, 06:30:19 PM »
        You've download the wrong driver.  Enter your Service Tag at the Dell link.

IKayla

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2011, 10:20:35 PM »
          Well I entered my Service tag, downloaded the right driver and it still gave me the same message. I have no idea what i'm doing wrong  :-\

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
          « Reply #7 on: June 29, 2011, 09:59:50 AM »
          Please post your computer model/type. This thread could help you as to any probable BIOS default settings on sound card or onboard enabled while installing the correct driver.
          http://en.community.dell.com/support-forums/desktop/f/3513/t/17509617.aspx

IKayla

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #8 on: June 29, 2011, 06:40:10 PM »
            I just ended up giving up and restored my computer back to before I got rid of soundMax

ConfusedStudent

« Reply #9 on: October 20, 2011, 10:06:14 PM »
            I have tried to do this, after accidentally deleting my sound system as you did, and it shows me the same error message. I have tried restoring several times and the computer says it is unable to restore due to missing programs (which it should fix, right??????) anyway, I have tried downloading soundmax and it says i cannot download the drivers without the program and vice versa. I talked to a tech support senior and they said it is going to cost me a minimum of $140 to fix what I have done. I want to call BS. Any tips or hints?

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
            « Reply #10 on: October 20, 2011, 10:33:57 PM »
            have tried to do this, after accidentally deleting my sound system as you did, and it shows me the same error message. I have tried restoring several times and the computer says it is unable to restore due to missing programs (which it should fix, right??????) anyway, I have tried downloading soundmax and it says i cannot download the drivers without the program and vice versa. I talked to a tech support senior and they said it is going to cost me a minimum of $140 to fix what I have done. I want to call BS. Any tips or hints?
            ConfusedStudent, Start a new topic on the proper section of computerhope. Go to Drivers and click on Create a New Topic to get proper attention. Post necessary information on what happen prior and how you went about deleting your audio driver.