Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Graphics card fan  (Read 3341 times)

Mruniverce

Topic Starter

Intermediate

• Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Graphics card fan
    « on: August 21, 2012, 03:58:30 AM »
    Hi all, My Graphics card fan ( 560 ti ) Overheats when I play COD 4, Makes a funny sound. Anyway I downloaded speed fan and it showed that the GPU was overheating. So I downloaded MSI After burner and sped up the card fan. That worked, My question is whats the best non stock fan I could buy for this card for around 100.00 or less?. MY SPECS ARE LISTED Next to my avatar.

hartbeatmr

Apprentice

• Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Graphics card fan
    « Reply #1 on: August 21, 2012, 05:01:36 AM »
    Good morning Mruniverce and welcome to CH

It is impossible to tell you what fan would fit your video card it is made by every major video company ;D and each company will have different shrouds, different heat sink etc.  Who made it what is the whole model number.

Plus if the fan was making noise do you mean noise like a fan is failing? the stock fan should be good enough in most cases. The fan is humming, chattering etc.

Is the PC case fans & PS (power supply) & CPU fan clean and dust free?

Hope to hear from you soon, Mike   
    Statement of the day.  The IT person asked. What kind of computer do you have and the customer replied a white one why?

Mruniverce

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2012, 03:43:28 AM »
      Thanks for the reply, I cannot explain the sound the fan makes , But I did clean out dust with that air spray stuff. Its a new build, I checked all my fans and they are all working. Including the card fan.

hartbeatmr

Apprentice

• Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Experience: Expert
      « Reply #3 on: August 22, 2012, 06:05:34 AM »
      Good morning Mruniverce and welcome back to CH

You are very welcome. But if the video card's GPU is overheating here is what you may want to check.

#1... Make sure that all the PC vents are not blocked and clean.
      #2... Make sure cables are not obstructing air flow for video card
      #3... If you have another PCI card adjacent to the video card if possible move that card over maybe it is chocking airflow to the video card.
      #4... Maybe the video card company has a Video BIOS update that may fix this issue I do know that some of those have a overheating issue and that is the fix.
      #5... If the above is all OK i would be doing a RMA through the video card company other wise you can potentially ruin other parts in the PC.

Hope this helps, please let us know how you make out. Mike   
      Statement of the day.  The IT person asked. What kind of computer do you have and the customer replied a white one why?

Mruniverce

Topic Starter

Intermediate

« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2012, 06:05:02 PM »
        Thanks again, I will try to do what you mentioned. And by the way thank you for being so respectfull and kind , I have had some very arrogant administrators on here that really made me mad!! , almost stopped coming on.  But your seem down to earth and a people person.

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #5 on: August 22, 2012, 06:25:49 PM »
        When exactly did you feel slighted and by whom ? ?

We pride ourselves on nipping these things in the bud...
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "