Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: my laptop is not able to find my hard disk  (Read 2092 times)

vikrant.s.dogra

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    my laptop is not able to find my hard disk
    « on: November 08, 2011, 10:24:20 PM »
    hi there
    My laptop used to heat very much and was very very slow most of the time. then i installed Windows 7 professional before that cheked if there is some  services that never goes off and tried to uninstall unwanted sotwares and stop porocesses.

then, formated my HDD using Win 98. and wen i try to install XP sp3 it can not detect any hard disk to make it as primary or bootable parttion. what i can do? plz help.

I have got Compaq presario...with samsung hdd 250GB
    RAM-2GB.
    WHEN I TRY TO PUT WIN98 it displays a error message that "Resident programs are there in Config.sys and autoexec.bat" and displays its safe to shutdown your computer........

cheers
    Vikrant
    « Last Edit: November 08, 2011, 10:47:23 PM by vikrant.s.dogra »

vikrant.s.dogra

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      Re: my laptop is not able to find my hard disk
      « Reply #1 on: November 08, 2011, 10:48:03 PM »
      hi there
      My laptop used to heat very much and was very very slow most of the time. then i installed Windows 7 professional before that cheked if there is some  services that never goes off and tried to uninstall unwanted sotwares and stop porocesses.

then, formated my HDD using Win 98. and wen i try to install XP sp3 it can not detect any hard disk to make it as primary or bootable parttion. what i can do? plz help.

I have got Compaq presario...with samsung hdd 250GB
      RAM-2GB.
      WHEN I TRY TO PUT WIN98 it displays a error message that "Resident programs are there in Config.sys and autoexec.bat" and displays its safe to shutdown your computer........

cheers
      Vikrant

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Familiar
      Re: my laptop is not able to find my hard disk
      « Reply #2 on: November 10, 2011, 05:37:39 AM »
      I used to have an odd Windows Server 2003 setup disc that was unable to detect Fujitsu SATA hard drives for some reason. Have you tried using another setup disc besides the Windows 98 disc to format the drive? Is your drive detected in the BIOS? Would it be possible to take the drive out, connect to another computer, and do a low-level format on it? http://hddguru.com/software/HDD-LLF-Low-Level-Format-Tool/
      In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
      Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none