Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HD Boot problems (tried them all)  (Read 3888 times)

webster87

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    HD Boot problems (tried them all)
    « on: November 10, 2011, 07:10:11 PM »
    I ran disk defrag last night and awoke this morning to find that my screen was black with the words : ZKDEW is Compressed. press Ctrl+alt+delete to restart. so i did and the load screen with windows came up with button options to run start-up and boot menus; the normal screen. then it went right back to that black screen. Ive tried running in safe-mode to no avail. booted from cd and ran the recovery and it couldn't find any problems with the boot at all. tried doing a command prompt restore, and a restore from the recovery cd to no avail. tried hitting and holding f8 on start-up to attempt to get into safe-mode, or the Advanced Boot Options menu. i cant think of anything else instead of a format, and that's the very last thing i want to do. does anyone have any ideas i may not have tried or forgot to type in here? my specs that i can recall off the top of my head are as follows:

intel core2 duo 2.2ghz T7500
    windows 7
    4gb of RAM
    GeForce 8600M GT

Linux711

Mentor

• Yes
      • Programming Blog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: HD Boot problems (tried them all)
    « Reply #1 on: November 10, 2011, 07:35:30 PM »
    my screen was black with the words : ZKDEW is Compressed

That is really strange. I have never heard the word (or acronym) ZKDEW before and I googled it and found no information on it. I don't want to put you down, but you're not playing games are you?
    YouTube

"Genius is persistence, not brain power." - Me

"Insomnia is just a byproduct of, "It can't be done"" - LaVolpe

webster87

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2011, 03:59:01 AM »
      i was. TF2 and Fallout: New Vegas. and i had the chance to beta test Star Wars: Knights of the Old Republic this weekend. guess thats not going to happen.

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
        • Yes
        • Yes
        • Yes
      • Computer: Specs
      • Experience: Familiar
      « Reply #3 on: November 11, 2011, 07:25:14 AM »
      I don't want to put you down, but you're not playing games are you?
      :) Linux711 was asking you if you were being serious, and you took it pretty literally and stated that you were playing TF2 and Fallout.

Have you tried to do a repair install with your Windows 7 disc?
      http://pcsupport.about.com/od/toolsofthetrade/ss/windows-7-startup-repair.htm

If you do manage to get your computer up and working, it would be smart to follow this piece of advice:
      http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/2083-system-repair-disc-create.html
      In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
      Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none

webster87

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: November 11, 2011, 07:51:03 PM »
        lol didnt notice that. i have tried a repair cd. didn't do anything. said it couldn't find any problems

webster87

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #5 on: November 12, 2011, 03:39:58 PM »
          i seem to have got passed the initial problem, somehow i compressed my disk. well i uncompressed it and now have another problem.  it now loads to the starting windows splash screen where the windows logo shows up, freezes there, flashes a BSOD for a 1/4 of a second, then restarts. tried running all recovery options again and they are not working. i started in safemode and it keeps stopping at classpnp.sys
          not sure what that is. i tried running sfc /scannow in the windows recovery and it says: There is a system repair pending which requires reboot to complete. restart windows to and sfc again. i do this and it keeps saying the same thing.

thanks for the help so far.

patio

• Genius
          • Maud' Dib
            • Yes
          « Reply #6 on: November 12, 2011, 10:20:04 PM »
          Boot to the Win7 DVD and run the startup repair...
          " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "