Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Transferring Files from One Computer to Another  (Read 3390 times)

bman

Transferring Files from One Computer to Another
« on: November 28, 2011, 09:05:09 AM »
I have a HP Slimline and the when I boot up the computer everything works except there is no picture on the monitor. After having a few people look at it, I've decided to get a new computer. I would like to transfer all of my files from the HP computer to a new computer. Is there a way to do this without being able to see anything on the screen from the HP computer?

kimsland

Intermediate

• Leaving, CH can obviously do without my support.
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Transferring Files from One Computer to Another
    « Reply #1 on: November 28, 2011, 09:14:09 AM »
    You could just take the internal Hard Drive out and put it in your new computer as a second Hard Drive.
    Ideally just get a monitor and back up your important documents.

truenorth

Guru

« Reply #2 on: November 29, 2011, 08:11:28 AM »
      What is it that  "After having a few people look at it, " causes you to decide to replace a computer for what appears to be a video issue? What have you done (or had done) since the issue arose to try and resolve it? Seems a titch drastic to me to replace the computer for what may be a rather simple and inexpensive fix.truenorth

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      • Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #3 on: November 29, 2011, 08:21:55 AM »
      I have a HP Slimline and the when I boot up the computer everything works except there is no picture on the monitor. After having a few people look at it, I've decided to get a new computer. I would like to transfer all of my files from the HP computer to a new computer. Is there a way to do this without being able to see anything on the screen from the HP computer?

Slave Drive Tutorial...
      Complete with pics and a vid....
      The instructions are for IDE HDD's but the same applies to SATA HDD's.
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "