Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: toshiba satellite a70 boots disconnect  (Read 8704 times)

fcocanedo

• Experience: Beginner
    Re: toshiba satellite a70 boots disconnect
    « Reply #15 on: September 27, 2011, 08:34:27 AM »
    (Again I´m sorry for my english) Tried to get an original or generic Toshiba AC adapter (with only one plug). When you turn on your pc and go to Bios Utility everithing is ok, but it´s turnin off when the lap tried to run the Operating System by the hard disk or the DVD-Rom. I think because HDD and CD/DVD-Rom need the right amperage. You can buy a generic ac adapter in an electrical or computer store. Before you buy it, try it in the store, remember, don't buy an ac adapter with many plugs and variable voltaje control, buy it especifically for your model laptop. I hope I explained well, if you have a question I am at your service. Good Luck!!!

Computer_Commando

Hacker
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #16 on: September 27, 2011, 10:01:12 AM »
    I would just like to ask if 3 amperes differential on the power supply makes a diffrence on the performance of this laptop. I mean this is not the original charger im using but it has the same voltage which is 19 volts but its short of 3 amperes required which is 6 amperes.
    Yes.  If original is 6A and replacement is 3A, you will have the problems you indicate.  Power requirements should be on laptop nameplate on bottom.

luck of the irish

Intermediate
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #17 on: September 28, 2011, 04:55:49 PM »
    if you want to buy a new one, ebay is a cheap place to buy spares

Computer_Commando

Hacker
    « Reply #18 on: September 28, 2011, 05:00:41 PM »
    if you want to buy a new one, ebay is a cheap place to buy spares
    Cheap, but crap!

luck of the irish

Intermediate
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #19 on: September 28, 2011, 05:05:27 PM »
    maybe, or you can pay more and go to pixmania, I use them all the time for components, I guess the point I am making is that if you google ac adapter for toshiba a70 you will be able to find a suitable replacement.

anthony m. untalan

Topic Starter

Rookie
    « Reply #20 on: October 02, 2011, 05:05:49 AM »
    (Again I´m sorry for my english) Tried to get an original or generic Toshiba AC adapter (with only one plug). When you turn on your pc and go to Bios Utility everithing is ok, but it´s turnin off when the lap tried to run the Operating System by the hard disk or the DVD-Rom. I think because HDD and CD/DVD-Rom need the right amperage. You can buy a generic ac adapter in an electrical or computer store. Before you buy it, try it in the store, remember, don't buy an ac adapter with many plugs and variable voltaje control, buy it especifically for your model laptop. I hope I explained well, if you have a question I am at your service. Good Luck!!!
    thank you very much for the info, ill try to find one, tnx again
    Yes.  If original is 6A and replacement is 3A, you will have the problems you indicate.  Power requirements should be on laptop nameplate on bottom.
    tnx Commando for the tip.
    maybe, or you can pay more and go to pixmania, I use them all the time for components, I guess the point I am making is that if you google ac adapter for toshiba a70 you will be able to find a suitable replacement.
    tnx Ill try find one.

anthony m. untalan

Topic Starter

Rookie
    « Reply #21 on: October 29, 2011, 07:54:09 AM »
    Bought new power adapter with the right voltage and amperage but still the same problem. But upon starting after its long stockage this is what appeared on the screen.

Warning
    System CMOS checksum bad - Default configuration used

[regaining space - attachment deleted by admin]

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    « Reply #22 on: October 29, 2011, 08:22:25 AM »
    Replace the CMOS battery...Part # CR 2032...available anywhere...

" Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

anthony m. untalan

Topic Starter

Rookie
    « Reply #23 on: October 29, 2011, 09:24:01 AM »
    Do you think defective CMOS can cause a laptop to shutdown? And another thing the CMOS on your picture shown is different from mine because its half the size of that and it is soldered/weld on the battery itself.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    « Reply #24 on: October 29, 2011, 09:44:05 AM »
    I've never seen a bad one cause shutdowns...but the checksum error is a sign of a dead/failing one...
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Computer_Commando

Hacker
    « Reply #25 on: October 29, 2011, 10:55:58 AM »
    Do you think defective CMOS can cause a laptop to shutdown? And another thing the CMOS on your picture shown is different from mine because its half the size of that and it is soldered/weld on the battery itself.
    Laptops sometimes use rechargeable NiMH coin cells, which are easily replaceable if socketed.  They make replacements for soldered ones, too.

anthony m. untalan

Topic Starter

Rookie
    « Reply #26 on: October 29, 2011, 04:37:13 PM »
    I've never seen a bad one cause shutdowns...but the checksum error is a sign of a dead/failing one...
    Laptops sometimes use rechargeable NiMH coin cells, which are easily replaceable if socketed.  They make replacements for soldered ones, too.

Tnx for the info, ill try to find and replace my CMOS battery. Ill post whatever changes there might be.

anthony m. untalan

Topic Starter

Rookie
    « Reply #27 on: November 27, 2011, 02:04:47 AM »
    Try to replace CMOS battery with new one but still he same it wont boot up. Now just recently i tried my desktop's processor since its has the same type but still it wont boot up but the good thing here is the light never goes off which means it never really shutdown unlike before. What do you think guys, do i have to buy new processor for my laptop. FYI.. the processor ive used, the one on the desktop works well. One more thing, I already  install new Windows XP on its hard drive.

Computer_Commando

Hacker
    « Reply #28 on: November 27, 2011, 04:04:44 AM »
    I believe the Toshiba A70 laptop does use a desktop CPU instead of a mobile CPU.  Very bad idea on the part of Toshiba, battery life is terrible; everything inside tends to overheat.

I think this is what you mean by:  "...i tried my desktop's processor since its has the same type..."
    Don't understand what you mean by:  "...the light never goes off..."

CMOS checksum error

anthony m. untalan

Topic Starter

Rookie
    « Reply #29 on: November 29, 2011, 12:31:48 AM »
    I believe the Toshiba A70 laptop does use a desktop CPU instead of a mobile CPU.  Very bad idea on the part of Toshiba, battery life is terrible; everything inside tends to overheat.

I think this is what you mean by:  "...i tried my desktop's processor since its has the same type..."
    Don't understand what you mean by:  "...the light never goes off..."

CMOS checksum error
    My desktop and my laptop processor have the same type and specs, both intel pentium 4 and 3.0 ghz. And i dont think it would overheat because its just a matter of 3 second upon turning it on then its stop and it doesnt have battery inserted.
    Its monitor light doesnt goes off unlike before that whenever it shutsdown everything goes off, this time the power on light doest not goes off