Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Capture Card  (Read 2361 times)

iUseNukes

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    Capture Card
    « on: December 02, 2011, 12:10:24 PM »
    Im currently looking around for a good capture card that i can use to capture gameplay on both my PC as well as XBOX. I have no clue what to look for or who makes them the best. If anyone has an idea or preference on what i should be looking for as well as the best place(price wise) that i should be shopping at id be much obliged. As far as what i want id like something that can record in HD from my DVI computer screen as well as my either HDMI or HD "blue, green, red" xbox WHILE I PLAY. :) again any information would be much appreciated!

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Capture Card
    « Reply #1 on: December 02, 2011, 11:35:31 PM »
    Me too!   8)
    Looking around it is hard to get something that really works good with high definition and a decent frame rate. Cards that go into your machine or feed off your USB  port use your CPU for the grunt work. That sucks performance from your system.

The alternative is an external DVR that has its own power supply, CPU and memory. It takes the signal from your computers extra DVI port. Using composite or S-video is a real loser.
    It has to be RGB or DVI to be any good.

IMHO, go for an external Digital Video Recorder if you can.  :)

Transfusion

Mentor

• STUPID=Smart Talented Unique Person In Demand
      • Yes
      • Yes
      • Yes
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Familiar
    Re: Capture Card
    « Reply #2 on: December 03, 2011, 11:42:25 PM »
    I am using a Composite to VGA converter for my Original Xbox:

I guess if you paired the above device with one of these: http://www.vgacapture.com/ you could record your Xbox output on your computer.

In Soviet Russia, iPhone touch you. Computer shut you down. Mouse click you. Floppy inserts you. Yahoo answers you. Man in TV watches you. Computer game addicts you. Guitar shreds you. Motherboard fries you. The laughter in manslaughter is put back in.
    Giveaway of the Day" style="border: none