Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: slow while logon  (Read 2830 times)

anandkpvs

Topic Starter

Rookie

slow while logon
    « on: December 16, 2011, 11:22:09 PM »
    hi,

i am using win7 pro.  it became very slow after feeding user name and password. it in domain.

Daisymae70

Beginner

• IowaMrs70 Blog
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Experienced
    Re: slow while logon
    « Reply #1 on: December 17, 2011, 04:24:24 PM »
    hi,
       i am using win7 pro.  it became very slow after feeding user name and password. it in domain.

Probably could use more detailed information. What exactly transpired before all this?  What were you trying to do?  Did you notice any problems of any kind prior to this? More information.
    « Last Edit: December 17, 2011, 04:38:30 PM by IowaMrs »
    The Truth is the Truth whether you believe it or not.

Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime.

You can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink.

Rob Pomeroy

Prodigy

• Systems Architect
      • Me
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: slow while logon
    « Reply #2 on: December 19, 2011, 02:41:36 AM »
    Two things:

1. Check that the DNS settings are correct on any computer that's slow logging on.  Logon times of 5 to 25 minutes can be cause by name resolution problems.  Your PCs should be using your domain controllers for DNS.

2. Use Group Policy to turn off "fast logon optimization".  Counter-intuitive, I know, but we have found you can run into all sorts of problems when machines try to log on before the network is fully ready.  Does not increase the overall "time to ready", just moves some delay to before the logon prompt is available. http://support.microsoft.com/kb/305293

In both cases, these steps will probably need to be taken by your domain administrator.
    Only able to visit the forums sporadically, sorry.

Geek & Dummy - honest news, reviews and howtos