Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Sims 1 Installation problem  (Read 8901 times)

TheNinjaSquirrel

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Sims 1 Installation problem
    « on: January 29, 2012, 09:01:19 PM »
    there was an old topic about the exact problem i'm having, but it didn't help me and i can't reply to it for some reason. link is here: http://www.computerhope.com/forum/index.php/topic,126781.0/prev_next,prev.html#new

So i have a newer Asus and i'm trying to install the original sims on it. I've been installing the packs i have in this order: Deluxe edition, Unleashed, Superstar, and Makin' Magic.  The game works just fine when i play it right away, but if i come back and try to play it well after installing it tells me that an error has been detected with my installation click ok to proceed (ok being the only option) then it runs installshield for a little bit, and asks me if i want to uninstall the game. clicking cancel and trying to run the game again results in the same problem, but clicking ok uninstalls making magic AND deluxe edition but not any if the other expansion packs.  i'll re install deluxe and making magic and it will work again for a little bit but ultimately it won't work. running the installers as an administrater doesn't work, and because i have the last three expansions i shouldn't need the patch. this is getting really frustrating, and i would appriciate the help.
    fyi i'm running a 64 bit version of windows 7 and my computer can handle skyrim on min graphics settings so original sims should in theory be a walk in the park.

Raptor

Re: Sims 1 Installation problem
    « Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 04:13:54 AM »
    Run it with compatability mode set to XP Sp3?

TheNinjaSquirrel

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2012, 12:46:20 PM »
      I already tired that still came up with the same message.

Raptor

« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2012, 02:56:24 PM »
      Have you tried installing it with administrator rights and compatability mode enabled?

TheNinjaSquirrel

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2012, 08:48:15 AM »
        I have not tried that. how would I go about doing that?

Raptor

« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 09:19:02 AM »
        Sorry, bit late:

Right click on the executable, properties and then open the compatability tab. Set it to Windows XP SP3 and press Apply.
        Once again right click on the executable and run it as administrator this time.

Raptor

« Reply #6 on: February 02, 2012, 09:22:53 AM »
        That's the executable of the installer. You'll have to explore the CD for that.