Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: HP 3050 All in One - Missing Scanning Software File  (Read 23119 times)

artbuc

Topic Starter

Apprentice

HP 3050 All in One - Missing Scanning Software File
    « on: December 19, 2008, 06:06:37 AM »
    HP 3050 All in One, Model Q6504A w/ Windows XP

Bought/installed a year or so ago. Printer/fax always work great. Tried to use scan function for first time and couldn't get it to work. Thought I would uninstall/install HP3050 software using CD. Can't do. Keep getting a dialog box which says "HP Scanning Software file hpxp3390.dll is needed - Type path where file is located". Then tried to download installation software from HP and got same problem - can't install - need file hpxp3390.dll.

What happened to this file? I didn't have this problem on the original install. I assume the lack of this file (or computer's inability to get at this file) is the reason I couldn't get the Scan function to work?

I did coincidentally run RegCure PC Optimizer just one day before I tried to use the Scan function. Did RegCure delete the hpxp3390.dll file?

Thanks.

artbuc

Topic Starter

Apprentice

Re: HP 3050 All in One - Missing Scanning Software File
      « Reply #1 on: December 19, 2008, 11:37:45 AM »
      I'll answer my own question. HP All in One software can't download on XP Service pack 3. No problems with the original install because it predated Pack 3; however, can't scan with Pack 3 which I didn't notice because I never used the scanner until yesterday. You can download HP drivers to allow use of scanner and printer from the computer which is ok with me but would be a real PITA if your printer is remotely located.

ksgurl

« Reply #2 on: January 12, 2009, 07:01:57 AM »
      where do I go to download drivers to use scanner? I have tried everything. Thanks for any help you can give me.

judieau

Rookie

« Reply #3 on: January 15, 2009, 11:55:37 PM »
        where do I go to download drivers to use scanner? I have tried everything. Thanks for any help you can give me.

I had trouble with this some weeks ago and went to the HP site here: http://h50203.www5.hp.com/hpisweb/customer/HPInstantsupport.aspx

Click on "Active chat" then "launch active chat session".  Also check the hours available for your area. You can "chat" to a real person in a window and they are really helpful.  They also totally solved my problem.  It's also free! 
        Good luck! :)

rrrmmm

• Experience: Beginner
          « Reply #4 on: January 23, 2012, 07:45:53 AM »
          Check this hpxp3390 dll post to know more details..

patio

• Genius
          • Maud' Dib
            • Yes
          • Experience: Beginner
          « Reply #5 on: January 23, 2012, 07:49:53 AM »
          The Topic is 3 years old...
          " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

Raptor

« Reply #6 on: January 23, 2012, 07:50:26 AM »