Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Windows 7 64 bit is freezing....  (Read 1854 times)

zappysam

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Windows 7 64 bit is freezing....
    « on: January 30, 2012, 11:04:09 AM »
    Ok so this started with Minecraft. i'm not posting this in the Games section cuz it has nothing to do with Minecraft anymore.
    So I was playing Minecraft when all of a sudden my computer froze. My mouse could still move for a few seconds but then it freezes and after 7 seconds it flashes and I'm back on my desktop with a message saying that Minecraft.exe has stopped. So now every time I open Minecraft it freezes after the login screen. After a few hours I realized that this was not Minecraft because other games like Roller coaster Tycoon were freezing. And now... my computer freezes once a week and flashes and then everything is ok BUT it freezez much more when I play games.

So I thought at first it was my graphics card so I uninstalled the driver and reinstalled. I also uninstalled Java and Microsoft C++ and ran a full virus scan with Norton Internet Security 2012.
    (I now have Microsoft C++ 2010 and BOTH 64 bit and 32 bit Java but i tried them seperatly). Also, I'm not a huge downloader and my PC is tuned to the max because I know how to do it cuz I'm pretty good with tech :P All I have on my PC is like 60 GB of pictures, 1 GB of music, 25 GB of videos, Google Chrome, OpenOffice.org and Norton.

So anyways now I have no idea what to do. Help!?

truenorth

Guru

Re: Windows 7 64 bit is freezing....
      « Reply #1 on: January 30, 2012, 05:23:53 PM »
      I would be keeping an eye on the clock because if this is a new computer given the win 7 O/S determine if a warranty is still in effect. There are a variety of things that can cause this type of problem IE: heat/failing ram/virus infection and more. truenorth

zappysam

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
        Re: Windows 7 64 bit is freezing....
        « Reply #2 on: January 31, 2012, 08:12:53 PM »
        Extra details: It's almost 5 years old Acer Aspire and the graphics card is an ATI Radeon 2600 HD Pro