Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: AVG antivirus ?  (Read 3815 times)

eldonaguirre

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    AVG antivirus ?
    « on: March 20, 2012, 06:39:01 AM »
    I needed to update my AVG antivirus so I decided to uninstall it and then start from scratch. I installed AVG again but my security is showing it as " spyware doctor with antivirus ". Is this still AVG ? If not any good ?

Darthgumby

Beginner
      Re: AVG antivirus ?
      « Reply #1 on: March 20, 2012, 07:31:17 AM »
      No, that is not AVG.  It could be that you downloaded Spyware Doctor while AVG was still on your comptuer, and it defaulted to that once AVG was gone as the antivirus.  If it was me, I would uninstall spyware doctor and see if that puts AVG back as your default antivirus.  I'm not familiar enough with spyware doctor to know if it is a legitimate program and recommended for security.
      There's a time when a man needs to fight, and a time when he needs to accept that his destiny is lost, that the ship has sailed, and that only a fool will continue. The truth is, I've always been a fool.

GlitchPC

« Reply #2 on: March 20, 2012, 09:54:22 AM »
      Spyware Doctor is legitimate and its vendor is PC Tools.

delmaryoder

• avg antivirus code
      « Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 07:15:11 AM »
      Your security is showing your anti virus as bogus..?

What security?

Are you using another program alongside it--alongside AVG? Which one?

If you downloaded the AVG directly from the site, it should be safe.

Just in case:

You should only have one (1) anti virus and one (1) anti spy/ad/grayware program running alongside it. If you have more than one of either running (two or three anti virus programs, or, two or three anti spyware programs) you may cause conflict and render them completely useless.