Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Computer acting strange? (several reasons)  (Read 2896 times)

rosepetal324

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Computer acting strange? (several reasons)
    « on: February 27, 2012, 04:45:16 PM »
    I've had this Windows 7 laptop for about a year now.  It actually just got back from the repair after a major hardware issue that popped up out of nowhere.  It should be working fine now, except it suddenly began to act strange again.  Just yesterday, it crashed twice.  I think it was during a video, but the screen suddenly froze and after waiting a couple minutes it crashed.

The next problem is when it starts up.  It starts normally with the windows logo, but never gets to the welcome screen.  I hear the windows greeting noise, but the screen remains lit up and black.  After waiting for a few minutes, I pressed the power button until it shut down, then turned it on again.  This time it started normally.

What worried me more is that today, all my accounts were logged out.  Normally I keep my email and other account passwords saved and kept logged in (when I open up my email, I'm already logged in).  The passwords are unchanged, but all my accounts were logged out.

Is this serious?

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: Computer acting strange? (several reasons)
    « Reply #1 on: February 27, 2012, 04:53:21 PM »
    Please define "crashed"

rosepetal324

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: February 27, 2012, 05:06:14 PM »
      Went to the screen where it said "dumping data" or something.  It started up pretty quick after that, so I couldn't really see what it was.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
      « Reply #3 on: February 27, 2012, 07:20:29 PM »
      major hardware issue that popped up out of nowhere
      Can you specify what kind of hardware issue and what laptop model? Have you backed up all files from an external storage?

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #4 on: February 28, 2012, 05:58:09 AM »
      Download BlueScreenView:
      http://www.nirsoft.net/utils/blue_screen_view.html
      unzip downloaded file and double click on BlueScreenView.exe to run the program.
      when scanning is done, go to EDIT - Select All
      Go to FILE - SAVE Selected Items, and save the report as BSOD.txt
      Open BSOD.txt in Notepad, copy all of the content, and paste it into your next reply