Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Assassin's Creed Revelation Runs Bad  (Read 4110 times)

DeMon555

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Assassin's Creed Revelation Runs Bad
    « on: March 21, 2012, 12:17:43 PM »
    Hi, I hope you can help me.

I've recently began playing the Assassin's Creed game series on my Dell Vostro 3450. The first 3 games (I, II and Brotherhood) ran pretty good with maximum quality, but the recent game - Revelation - not so much, and that's an understatement. Even on low preferences the game runs badly, and I don't know why; this game is not THAT different (engine wise) from it's predecessors. I know my laptop is not suitable for games, but it's less then one years old, and there's no reason this game should run so differently then the previous games. I checked my drivers, Updated BIOS, and still can't seem to figure out the source of the problem.

Here's some basic info:
    - Dell Vostro 3450
    - 6 GB Ram (5.90 usable)
    - Windows 7 (64-bit)
    - 2.30 GHz Intel core i5-2410M CPU
    - 50 GB Remains on Hard Drive (Out of 500)
    - Intel HD Graphics Family
    - Direct X 11

Any help would be appreciated.

joy division

Re: Assassin's Creed Revelation Runs Bad
    « Reply #1 on: March 21, 2012, 01:38:18 PM »
    Have you checked w/ the Manufacturer for patches ?  Have you checked the system requirements for the game ?

Wouldn't hurt to scan your system for malware.  Disable start up apps and non-MS services that are not needed.  For starters

DeMon555

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
      « Reply #2 on: March 21, 2012, 02:14:39 PM »
      No Manufacturer Patches, System meet all Requirements, Malware checked and I use Advanced System Care to disable (via 'game mode') all background apps I don't need.

I'm despaired.

joy division

« Reply #3 on: March 21, 2012, 04:15:52 PM »
      go here:

http://www.dell.com/support/drivers/us/en/555

Update all your drivers and test the game out again. Select Windows 7 64bit from the drop-down OS menu. (BIOS is selected you have to change it for the updated video drivers to show up.)

Might try just reinstalling the video driver first.