Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: New system slow browsing and downloads  (Read 3012 times)

Richard21360

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    New system slow browsing and downloads
    « on: March 27, 2012, 06:57:58 AM »
    I have an Hp Pavillion m7570n. A new hardrive was installed with Window 7 Service pack 1 and Explorer 9 Intel (R) Pentium (R) D CPU 2.80 GHz Memory 2.00 GB 32 BIT. The first few weeks everything was fine but now I have super slow browsing and downloads. Everything else seems to be working fine. I have run registry cleaners, malware and antivirus. In my device manager under hidden view/ non-plug and play there is a Null driver not installed. I cannot find a driver or start it. No idea what it is for. That is the only thing that I can find so far. I am on Dial-up but have not experienced this kind of problem before now. I just ran a reboot from the Windows 7 Cd and I am getting this when I try to repair from the CD. If you have recently attached a device to this computer, such as a camera or portable music player, remove it and restart your computer. If you continue to see this message, contact your system Administrator or computer manufacturer for assistance. I did have a camera but have uninstalled it but there are to items that I cannot uninstall from it.
    Thanks in advance

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: New system slow browsing and downloads
    « Reply #1 on: March 27, 2012, 07:17:46 AM »
    1) How does it run in safe mode?

2) What is new or different since the last time everything worked properly (ie, new hw, new sw, virus, error, etc)?

3) NEVER use registry cleaners - they CAUSE problems, they do not cure anything. It is possible you made things worse when you used it / them.

Richard21360

Topic Starter

« Reply #2 on: March 27, 2012, 08:06:53 AM »
      It runs the same in safemode. The camera that I uninstalled is the only thing new since it ran fine.

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: March 27, 2012, 08:45:51 AM »
      If I understand correctly the only issue is with browsing & downloads. I'd suggest trying a different browser. If the problem persists, contact your ISP

patio

• Genius
      • Maud' Dib
        • Yes
      « Reply #4 on: March 27, 2012, 08:50:39 AM »
      I am on Dial-up but have not experienced this kind of problem before now.

This is most likely the issue...
      " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "