Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Kodak Playsport video out of sync with audio  (Read 2577 times)

bws2

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Kodak Playsport video out of sync with audio
    « on: April 01, 2012, 05:15:17 PM »
    I just recorded 5 videos with my Kodak Playsport, and oddly enough, three of them recorded with perfect sync between audio and video, but in two of them, the video is ahead of the audio.  It looks as if the video were recorded at a faster frame rate or something, so as the clip goes on, it gets exponentially out of sync with the audio.  I am hoping this can be fixed, as it is some real funny footage. I'm trying to edit in final cut pro (running macos), and for all six of the files, it says vid rate is 29.97 fps, H.264, audio rate is 48.0KHz. Is there something I can do in Final Cut Pro or Compressor to make this sync or is there another program? I'm hoping this is fixable because even the original file is out of sync, even when I play it back on the Kodak Playsport.

truenorth

Guru

Re: Kodak Playsport video out of sync with audio
      « Reply #1 on: April 02, 2012, 05:33:23 PM »
      This camcorder is very highly rated by reviewing sites. Have you tried talking to the Kodak people re your issue? I ask this because this is a very specific piece of technology that probably not many members are familiar with (including me). When you say recorded i take that to mean on the camcorder. From which you want to put them on your computer. Right? It is the resultant video on the HDD of the computer that is out of sync. Is that correct? Is it a proprietary software program associated with the camera that you are using for the transfer? Have you tried any other software to do the transfer? What program are you using to view the resultant video on the computer that is showing the out of sync? truenorth