Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Best Computer to Buy  (Read 2072 times)

HenryA

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Best Computer to Buy
    « on: April 05, 2012, 07:19:54 PM »
    I have 2 eMachines, one of which does not work well.
    If I decide to replace it, which, in the opinion of the group, the best machine to buy as regards Quality and Reliability?

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Best Computer to Buy
    « Reply #1 on: April 05, 2012, 08:09:27 PM »
    OK Le's say you haw a good enough monitor. and  keyboard.
    I will start. Is money not an issue? It must be and that is why you tried e Machines.

Lots of things can be best. Depending on what the objective is. This is not a beauty contest - Right? would vote only for the most attractive computer.
    Did you say Desktop?
    Is it for playing cutting edge games?
    Only for surfing the INTERNET? Use you phone to surf the web.
    Are you going  to take it apart and put it back together once a month?

You can pick up a single core Pentium with 2GB RAM and 80 GB HDD with DVD burner for underUS $200 as a brand name refurbished unit from a certified reseller. No choice of color, case style or extras  Just a off-lease reliable PC that they don't want on the lease anymore.

Any attempt to get more 'bang for your buck' just cuts into the r quality . If that were not so, the lease people would have high-end super PCs for sale. Actually they do, but they cost more than a new PC.

Remember the old Chinese proverb:
    "A 2 GB stick in the slot is worth more than 4 GB in the trash."

Which means most of the refurbished PCs are 32 bit single core with only 2 GB of RAM. But hey just work. They come with Windows XP SP3 freshly installed. Some have a one year warranty. Same as a new computer. For a lot less money.

Yahoo needs some business. Do a Yahoo search for
    refurbished PC with XP
    You will find some prices and pictures on-line.

Here is one:
    Refurbished IBM at Wal-Mart