Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: MS Word 2002  (Read 2464 times)

bill212

MS Word 2002
« on: September 21, 2005, 05:32:39 PM »
When I try to close a Word document the word icon on the task bar turns orange and blinks. To complete the shut down, I must click on it then select either save or don't save the changes, no changes were made. If however, I hit the save icon on the toolbar first, it will shut down. Also, anytime while in a word document if I go to tools/options, the orange word icon blinks again.

This just started yesterday and I have not installed anything new or done anything different from day-to-day work. I have also run a complete anti-virus scan. Prior to this everything was working great.

I have Windows XP and MS Office 2002. This is a new (one week old) Dell laptop 700M.

If possible, please respond to [email protected]   Any help will be greatly appreciated. I have spent the whole day trying to fix this.

Bill
« Last Edit: September 21, 2005, 05:33:37 PM by bill212 »

GX1_Man

Re: MS Word 2002
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2005, 09:10:58 PM »
Call Dell. If you call Microsoft they will just tell you this also. Was this a timed version that has timed out for some reason?

Raptor

Re: MS Word 2002
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2005, 08:33:02 AM »
Can you show a screenshot of your problem?

What security is installed/used?