Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: new cd will not play  (Read 3798 times)

stevelaf

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    new cd will not play
    « on: August 01, 2012, 04:40:15 PM »
    This is the second cd ( same cd , seller replaced) and my cd will not play it. New, not copied or burned, is from Australia. Windows player can't even read it. Imesh can read the songs, and artist, won't play.  Spyder can read artist and songs , won't play.  System is new XPS 8300 w/ i5 processor   windows 7,  Other players or fixes, I really want to listen to this nanci Griffth cd.  real player says:  Your CD may be dirty, or RealPlayer may not be properly configured to play CDs digitally. plays my others.  Windows just can't read it. Imesh says dirty or damaged, not 2 in a row and it can read artist and tittle. Tried to rip/burn another copy  can't . I hate to order a third cd, this is getting expensive. Any help will be apprecated.

hartbeatmr

Apprentice

• Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: new cd will not play
    « Reply #1 on: August 01, 2012, 05:28:30 PM »
    Good evening stevelaf and welcome to CH

OK if the title, artist etc shows than you are missing some codec's

If you have another / different music CD do they play in the same CD/DVD drive?

Open the CD and when you are looking at a song "right click on a song any song" and go to properties what does it say MP3, MP4, AAC etc

If you need a codec package there are a bunch of different packages One (1) of the ones I use is WECP http://www.mediacodec.org/download/ and this link will give you the step by step instructions http://www.mediacodec.org/

Please let us know how you make out, Mike
    Statement of the day.  The IT person asked. What kind of computer do you have and the customer replied a white one why?