Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Visual Boy Advance video gets corrupted when recording?  (Read 4762 times)

Candora

Topic Starter

Beginner

Visual Boy Advance video gets corrupted when recording?
    « on: August 09, 2012, 12:20:06 AM »
    Not sure whether I should post here or Computer games sub-forum, but oh well.
    Whenever I record with Visual Boy Advance, the AVI file that it produces will be corrupted.
    However, it only does this if I record after some amount of time. In my experience, it seems to be after 3 minutes of recording. If I record 1 minute videos, everything is fine.
    Why is this happening. I am well aware of the possibility to use a third-party recording program (Camtasia, FRAPS, SnagIt) and I have tried it with codecs and without (Full uncompressed video) but I prefer to use the recorder in VBA if possible. There's not as much lag or barely at all compared to using a third-party recording program.

TechnoGeek

Re: Visual Boy Advance video gets corrupted when recording?
    « Reply #1 on: August 11, 2012, 07:55:24 PM »
    what program are you using to view the video? windows media player is known to not have quite a few common codecs installed. You can use FFDshow or K-LITE, both codec packs (i have used neither, just heard of them) or you can use other video players, such as VLC.

Candora

Topic Starter

Beginner

Re: Visual Boy Advance video gets corrupted when recording?
      « Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 01:20:52 AM »
      I have FFDshow installed.
      But it seems to get corrupted regardless.