Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Keyboard problem( ESC and CTRL)  (Read 2723 times)

Steerer

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
Keyboard problem( ESC and CTRL)
« on: August 18, 2012, 12:13:51 PM »
I was playing a game, and suddenly i noticed my ESC button doesn't work( i tryed to restart a level but couldn't access menu). So i tryed ctrl alt del , it didn't work either. I restarted pc , replugged keyboard, reinstalled drivers, still nothing. Downloaded testing program , it showed that these buttons just don't respond: ESC , left CTRL , F4 , F5 , F6.  I got no idea what happened, it was all working fine one moment, i was driving a game on steering wheel , and when i tryed to restart (worked 10mins before) i just couldn't access menu. Also tryed unplugging steering wheel , reinstalling it's drivers, nothing works. Looking foward to your answers, thanks :).
EDIT: Keyboard mark : Chicony, model kb-0833.

hartbeatmr

Apprentice

• Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: Keyboard problem( ESC and CTRL)
« Reply #1 on: August 18, 2012, 01:17:52 PM »
Good afternoon Steerer and welcome to CH

If the Key Board is USB powered try using a different USB port. If you have front ports try it there. Most of the time when key boards start to fail the left hand keys will start to go first for some reason. Do those buttons stop working only in the game but work ok in WORD or WORKS etc.
    Did anything get spilled on the keyboard that you know of? The only good thing about this is when you need to buy new keyboard are fairly cheap like 50 to 20 dollars.

Hope this helps, please let us know how you make out, Mike   
Statement of the day.  The IT person asked. What kind of computer do you have and the customer replied a white one why?

Steerer

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
« Reply #2 on: August 18, 2012, 01:43:35 PM »

Thanks for the welcome :).
The Key Board uses roundy entrace , and I got only 1 on the back , so i can't really try that. ...-Well the button just stopped working while i was playing , but it doesn't work at all anymore. Key Board test program showed that these buttons don't respond. Tryed in word, 1 other game, they don't work :/ . Well..... something did get spilled.. yogurt. But it was long ago , and i cleaned it well, and it worked perfectly... untill today. I just don't understand what did set this off .. i was using it normally , stoped working the other second.
Thanks for answering still :) .. sorry if my English is a bit hard to understand, i am working on it :). Best regards,Luka.

hartbeatmr

Apprentice

• Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #3 on: August 18, 2012, 02:22:28 PM »
Good afternoon Luka and welcome back to CH

No apologies are needed and you are very welcome. Your English is just fine and the round plug you are talking about is a PS2 connector just in-case you didn't know. Well sorry about your keyboard but at least they are not very expensive.

Have a good afternoon, Mike   
Statement of the day.  The IT person asked. What kind of computer do you have and the customer replied a white one why?