Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: What Laptop is good for watching movies on?  (Read 6176 times)

Frankie

Topic Starter

Apprentice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    What Laptop is good for watching movies on?
    « on: September 02, 2012, 01:30:43 PM »
    I am going to be purchasing a Laptop shortly and I was wondering the best ones for watching movies on. I wanted to watch Blue ray but would the resolution have to be 1920x1080 to see blue ray in all it's glory? I have £500 to spend and I am not sure I can find a laptop for that price with that resolution. Thankyou!!
    « Last Edit: September 02, 2012, 02:12:05 PM by Frankie »

hartbeatmr

Apprentice

• Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: What Laptop is good for watching movies on?
    « Reply #1 on: September 02, 2012, 03:33:04 PM »
    Good evening Frankie and welcome to CH

There is a few more things that you may want to think of.

#1... Weight
    #2... Screen size
    #3... Performance do you need it for gaming or audio or ?

The cost will be different for you than it would be for me (I live in the US)

Here is the link for HP http://shopping.hp.com/en_US/home-office/-/products/Laptops/Laptops?SearchParameter=%26%40QueryTerm%3D*%26CategoryUUIDLevelX%3DjeEQxXjbj14AAAE0syxcZzOW%26categoryusagelaptops_dte2%3DHigh%2BPerformance%26%40Sort.HPProductType%3D0%26%40Sort.TieredPricing%3D0

Here is the link for Lenovo http://shop.lenovo.com/SEUILibrary/controller/e/web/LenovoPortal/en_US/catalog.workflow:CompareByNeed?current-category-id=653343E0DE54435882FABC3CE1BC569A

You do want a dual core CPU and at least 4 gig's of memory and the better units with HD video. The laptops in the 450 - 550 (us dollars) will not have a good separate video card, laptops like that will cost you (1,200+ US dollars)

Hope this helps you, but in opinion do not buy a Gateway as they are still having issues because they went chapter 11 many years ago ;D ;D

Mike
    Statement of the day.  The IT person asked. What kind of computer do you have and the customer replied a white one why?