Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: being spied on  (Read 12424 times)

Raptor

Re: being spied on
« Reply #30 on: September 26, 2005, 05:57:32 AM »
The only way to be completely sure is to blank out the hard drive and reinstall. Save data files first - we can help with that. Change all passwords. On the new system do as Raptor says re:installing preventive maintenance.

If you value your privacy, you should indeed reformat and reinstall.

And getting my phone and bank passwords canceled and no more on line with that.

Are you using a modem to connect to the Internet?

Susan Home

« Reply #31 on: September 26, 2005, 07:54:43 AM »
Yes, I have comcast high speed.
And I was asked awhile back and missed it. Yes he still phones me and I don't know waht an ISP is. Internet server? He is on Earthlink.

Raptor

« Reply #32 on: September 26, 2005, 09:56:03 AM »
ISP means Internet Service Provider indeed.

Susan Home

« Reply #33 on: October 04, 2005, 07:08:56 PM »
It took me a while but I am back. I couldn't find the old disc so I had to buy a new operating system. I have it now. Windows xp home edition. Can someone please tell me how to disable the old operating system? I think after that I can follow the directions on how to install the new one. You have all been such a huge help. Thanks you.  Susan

GX1_Man

« Reply #34 on: October 04, 2005, 07:16:18 PM »
Just boot the computer with that shiny CD in the drive, and then follow the prompts to install. Be sure and choose the option to reformat the drive with the NTFS files system if you have over 256 meg RAM.

This will blank out ALL files on the hard drive, so if you have any data you want to save, back it up now.