Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: running a .com program wiht a batch file  (Read 3294 times)

keycat06

Topic Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    running a .com program wiht a batch file
    « on: November 14, 2012, 05:53:34 PM »
    I am working on automating a .com file. I think the bast way to do this is with a batch file, but I'm open to suggestions.

To run the .com file I type the name into the windows cmd prompt, then the file runs in its own environment, this is very confusing to me. I changed the color settings on my cmd window, when I run the .com file that section of the cmd window reverts to standard colors.

Once called the .com file asks for 3 user inputs. I can't figure out how to mimic the user. I've tried the standard redirection operators, but the inputs are not being passed.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: running a .com program wiht a batch file
    « Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 02:29:55 AM »
    Once called the .com file asks for 3 user inputs. I can't figure out how to mimic the user

There are free keyboard/mouse macro creators out there. I bought the one from JitBit which can mimic users and fully automate processes like this, especially if the information that is entered is static ( never changes ).

This type of automation can be used for good or evil as for Jitbit allows for you to create stand alone macros as EXE's which can run on systems that dont have the software installed. I have only used this software for the good of automation myself such as creating macro's that run as automatic installers that I can launch from thumb drive and have my own complicated unattended automated installs in a corporate environment to multiple systems at the same time after going through a single install with the macro software recording every action and time delay between actions.

I tried all the free macro utilities out there for automating keyboard and mouse and none were stabile enough to put trust into them on a corporate network until I found JitBit which was worth the money. ( Currently using it to automate part of a game that requires about 2 hrs a day of grinding. I now have a routine that does this gind on my system unattended and I can go back later and spend my in-game virtual money etc to progress further and only have to endure the 30 minutes a day of a fun game that is the fun part and skip over the boring grind part. )

http://www.jitbit.com/macro-recorder/