Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: DSL-2520U Accessible through web  (Read 2467 times)

PCdoc

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Yes
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
DSL-2520U Accessible through web
« on: November 14, 2012, 10:36:04 AM »
Hi,

I have a DSL-2520U LAN/USB combo modem with H/W version T1. When I use irc messengers like xchat, there are some servers on which by default the user's hostmask is his IP clearly shown there. And if I post on some websites or forums, MY IP is recorded there. I tried pointing my browser to my IP and the modem's configuration page opens.

One of the mates on the irc private msges me and told me that my IP opens the DSL config page. How do I setup my modem so that any one from the internet if opens my IP, is not redirected to my config page but either opens nothing "Page not found" or its like blocked.
I checked and the modem does not have an option for Remote admin or Access.

Thanks

DaveLembke

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: DSL-2520U Accessible through web
« Reply #1 on: November 27, 2012, 01:20:48 AM »
I tried pointing my browser to my IP and the modem's configuration page opens.

I checked and the modem does not have an option for Remote admin or Access.

It can be managed as stated here, and very easy default user/password as admin adminhttp://www.speedguide.net/routers/d-link-dsl-2520u-adsl2-ethernetusb-combo-router-1773

Just changing the default password to something complicated numbers and letters combination will fix insecurity of device by default.