Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: In safe mode now what?  (Read 2366 times)

Johnny Quango

In safe mode now what?
« on: October 03, 2005, 12:46:09 PM »
I had a problem with a NTL DR file missing,  tried a few opptions, and decided to re-install xp service pack 1 over the top of the previous one.  I didn't think i needed to format.

it all looked good last night, tried to boot up today and it goes to safe mode. *censored* i thought!

So i'm in safe mode as i type to you.

MY question is what am i supposed to be looking for while in safe mode that will sort this naughty pc out and make it start windows normally?

i have looked at previous Q & A i've checked out forums but they are aimed at getting in and out of safe mode, not what to do while in safe mode.

Come on Lads it wont take long to tap out a few words to put me on the right track. THanx in anticipation :>) johnny q  ::)

Computer_Commando

Re: In safe mode now what?
« Reply #1 on: October 03, 2005, 01:13:51 PM »

pcdoc4christ

« Reply #2 on: October 03, 2005, 06:20:30 PM »
Johnny:

Does Windows display a message that you must activate the operating system?  If so, do so, and it will let you boot to normal mode after activating.

Regards,
Doc

vibhor_agarwalin

Adviser

« Reply #3 on: October 04, 2005, 02:06:14 AM »
    What you should be looking for:

What you changed last time that lead you to this situation.
    Vibhor Kumar Agarwal

Mac

« Reply #4 on: October 04, 2005, 06:09:22 AM »
    I had a problem with a NTLDR file missing,  tried a few options, and decided to re-install XP service pack 1 over the top of the previous one.  I didn't think I needed to format.

It all looked good last night, tried to boot up today and it goes to safe mode. *censored* I thought!

So I'm in safe mode as I type to you.

My question is what am I supposed to be looking for while in safe mode that will sort this naughty PC out and make it start windows normally?

I have looked at previous Q & A, I've checked out forums, but they are aimed at getting in and out of safe mode, not what to do while in safe mode.

Come on Lads it wont take long to tap out a few words to put me on the right track. Thanx in anticipation :>) johnny q  ::)

Click on the link below and try some of the bootdisk options.