Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Mouse with silent scroll/loud click?  (Read 5847 times)

flarflp

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    Mouse with silent scroll/loud click?
    « on: December 26, 2012, 06:17:36 PM »
    Hello

Do you know of any mouse that has both high pitched left/right clicks and silent scroll buttons?

I have an HP mouse that does this but it's bad at detecting rough surfaces.

And I've used plenty of Logitech mice which are far better at detecting surfaces. Some even have quiet scroll buttons, but plenty have very low pitched bass-like scroll buttons, and all of them have relatively quiet but annoyingly low pitched right/left clicks.

I'm hoping you can all recommend me a mouse that's as good as my HP mouse only better at detecting surfaces, preferably cheapish, but if that's not possible also open to the more expensive.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Mouse with silent scroll/loud click?
    « Reply #1 on: December 27, 2012, 07:57:54 AM »
    Kind of lost at what you are looking for here as for most people don't care about how loud or quiet button clicks are since you can feel the steps in the scroll and the left/right clicks, and as far as detecting surfaces if you are using a laser mouse you shouldn't be using it on a very reflective surface, transparent surface, or heavily porous surface in which the beam can not detect the surface below it. If you have a rough surface and can not add something in between to make a laser mouse work, I'd suggest a ball mouse, but you would probably require a PS2 jack for a ball mouse as for I haven't seen any that are usb, as for they are primitive compared to today's laser mice.

Geek-9pm

Mastermind
    • Geek After Dark
      • Gekk9pm bnlog
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Mouse with silent scroll/loud click?
    « Reply #2 on: December 27, 2012, 07:15:40 PM »
    The link below is a year old. It covers the basic mice that people use.
    http://reviews.cnet.com/best-mice/
    If you want something better, you might consider using a puck instead of a mouse. Or a drawing tablet.