Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: computer malfunction  (Read 3226 times)

MrSlickB

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Familiar
    computer malfunction
    « on: March 03, 2013, 10:13:20 AM »
    Am benjamin by name and resently my computer has developed sertain malfunction, I use a windows 7, and have a 2GB memory space, I had an idea to install a new OS software into my system, in an attempt to do so I made a new patision and assigned 1GB memory space to it, the plan seemed positive, I procceded to install the new software into the new partition,(windows XP 2000) after the proccess pressented it self as progressive, I tried to access the initial primary OS software(windows 7) I found it clearly imposible.

Please what are the possible solutions to enabling me access the other software?

Allan

• Mastermind
    • Experience: Guru
    Re: computer malfunction
    « Reply #1 on: March 03, 2013, 10:37:08 AM »
    The best way to install multiple operating systems is to install the oldest Windows version first. That way the boot loader in the newer OS will recognize the older version and make it available at boot. Since you didn't do that, your best option now is to download and run the free version of EasyBCD (http://neosmart.net/EasyBCD/)

MrSlickB

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: March 03, 2013, 10:47:15 AM »
      EasyBCD, what does this do? Is it some kind of activational software or just a bootup assistant of some kind?

Even after downloading it is there any possible garanty on the O/System operational on the system prio to the installation of the new one would be accesable?

Allan

• Mastermind
      • Experience: Guru
      « Reply #3 on: March 03, 2013, 10:50:15 AM »
      It's software to help you manage the bootloader options. Why don't you visit the website and read what it does?

MrSlickB

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #4 on: March 03, 2013, 11:00:09 AM »
        Very greatfull, ill give it a try and get back in touch with you.