Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: BSOD on MacBook running Win7  (Read 2879 times)

mbressman

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    BSOD on MacBook running Win7
    « on: March 14, 2013, 04:13:34 PM »
    Hi,

I have an older (pre-silver unibody) White MacBook (probably several years old at least) that I loaded Windows 7 on to via Boot Camp.  It ran fine for a while, and then recently has been crashing on me.  It has yet to crash in front of me, but I tend to leave it on pretty much all the time and every so often in the past couple of week I'd come back to my computer (which is connected to an external monitor, mouse and keyboard) and find that it had "died" - I haven't been as careful in keeping track of how it died, but the most recent time it was simply powered off.  When I powered it back on, it went through the start-up options (because it apparently knew it hadn't shut down correctly), and upon booting into Win7 it told me the system had recovered from a serious error and gave me this information:

Problem signature:
      Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
      OS Version:      6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.48
      Locale ID:           1033

Additional information about the problem:
      BCCode:             1000008e
      BCP1:  C0000005
      BCP2:  975FAD15
      BCP3:  98DC7A78
      BCP4:  00000000
      OS Version:      6_1_7601
      Service Pack:    1_0
      Product:             256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
      C:\Windows\Minidump\022113-21980-01.dmp
      C:\Users\Leo\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-48266-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:
      http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?linkid=104288&clcid=0x0409

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
      C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

If anyone can offer me any help on how to proceed with diagnosing and fixing this problem, I'd greatly appreciate it!  Thanks so much

- Marc

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: BSOD on MacBook running Win7
    « Reply #1 on: March 14, 2013, 04:38:41 PM »
    http://www.sevenforums.com/bsod-help-support/75794-what-does-error-code-mean-bccode-1000008e.html

Some suggestions in this link to that error... driver related or AVG antivirus, I am leaning towards a driver possibly.