Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Three short beeps  (Read 2868 times)

Hackeriz

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Experienced
    Three short beeps
    « on: April 11, 2013, 11:30:39 AM »
    Hi guys, i'm having somekinda problem.
    So I had three short beeps but i'm not sure from where I had like first three short beeps, and than about 30 mins later i had another three short beeps during Windows session, after beeps nothing changes computer doesn't reboot, no change in visual or performance experience. Windows Memory Diagnostic Tool didn't find anything. It's my first encounter with this thing (It's not really a problem, but i want to know, maybe i need to do something, maybe it warns me about something).
    I bought my computer about year ago.
    I'm running Windows 7 Home Premium OEM
    If you need any specs please respond.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: Three short beeps
    « Reply #1 on: April 11, 2013, 02:48:32 PM »
    Have you checked into your CPU temp? Most systems will beep to warn you that they are running hot and the beeping stops when the temp drops below the alert value. I'd run speedfan on the system and watch the temp of the system during the beep process. speedfan allows for you to set it in a graph mode so you can start it, minimize it in graph mode and do whatever with system that causes it to beep, then when it beeps, stop what you are doing and go back to the graph of speedfan and look at temps and more importantly the CPU temp maximum recorded. You might find that it peaks at a high value when the beeping happens and then cools.

The only other 3 times I have seen systems that beep randomly was one system with a keyboard that would randomly malfunction and act as if a key was held down and make that noise, as well as an old Pentium 4 system that I worked on that had leaking and swolen capacitors around the CPU in which the system would randomly make beeping noises, and also a common location for beeps is a battery backup that has a battery that is ready to fail or a short dip in power in which the battery backup goes through its beeping process to alert that it is having to power the computer through a dip in power or power outage.

Hackeriz

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #2 on: April 11, 2013, 06:09:09 PM »
      The computer i'm talking about is Laptop manufactured by Samsung and my processor is Intel Code i5 (2.40 ghz.) So i don't think it could be processor.
      But it's going to be hard to check temp. when it beeps, because it's only like three fast beeps and that's it (Today I only had two times of these beeps) and usually when something is hot inside my computer vent goes crazy (When i'm playing games, and when i stop playing vent runs silently again and it vents out cool air).
      Maybe it's nothing, but as i said i will try to keep my eye on it.

Hackeriz

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

« Reply #3 on: April 12, 2013, 05:40:05 AM »
        GPU: 46 (Green Tick)
        HD0: 35 (Blue Arrow Down)
        Temp1: 52 (Fire Icon)
        Temp2: 30 (Blue Arrow Down)
        Core0: 51 (Fire Icon)
        Core1: 53 (Fire Icon)

Temperature of these devices changes all the time (One second it's 46 for GPU another second it's 49 and few seconds later it's 44).
        Computer's fan vents only cool air out, and it spins silently.
        As i said already computer's fan only goes crazy when i'm playing games, and when i stop it goes silent again...

*Sorry there is not such processor like Intel Code :D, mine is Intel Core i5 (2.40 ghz.)

patio

• Genius
        • Maud' Dib
          • Yes
        • Experience: Beginner
        « Reply #4 on: April 12, 2013, 06:25:04 AM »
        Probably a low battery signal warning...
        " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "