Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: how to connect ubuntu 12.04 desktop edition to 5 dumb terminals?  (Read 4571 times)

musamanyama

Hellow guys, i have a problem here please help.. i need to connect my computer mecer symphony which has 5 VGA cards and 5 ports for
mouse and keyboards to fit so i need your help on how to connect my ubuntu desktop edition 12.04 to make connections to 4 dumb terminals
and make one computer the administrator machine to see some activities done by all dumb terminals users!..
please help and i'm not really an ubuntu expert so please specify more on the answers..!! please ..!!
THanks!..  :o

Roguebantha

Beginner
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Re: how to connect ubuntu 12.04 desktop edition to 5 dumb terminals?
« Reply #1 on: July 26, 2013, 07:46:32 AM »
Can you use periods after your sentences please? It makes it very difficult to read. I have experience with Ubuntu and run it at home and at work, but I'm not understanding what you're trying to do. Please be little but more clear. What do you mean by "dumb terminals"? Do you mean to say that this one computer supports 5 different users? What do you want to do with the Ubuntu machine?

musamanyama

« Reply #2 on: July 28, 2013, 06:24:30 AM »
awh thank you 4 your concern. Well i need to connect 5 monitors and keyboards and mice..(people call them dumb terminals), so i guessed that's what they are called...
I need to connect all of them under 1 computer!.,.. Someone told me i could accomplish that by using Ubuntu
Operating system..
Like ubuntun can support multi devices (or multi user devices , as in the keyboards, monitors and mice)
Please help....

camerongray

Expert
    • Yes
    • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
« Reply #3 on: July 28, 2013, 05:24:14 PM »
I looked into this before but never followed through with setting it up.  What I can tell you is that this is called a "Multiseat" setup - This may help you in your searches!