Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Laptop Screen Question  (Read 1969 times)

mrmike

Laptop Screen Question
« on: October 15, 2005, 04:18:14 PM »
I have a 2 year old Compaq laptop and something happen to the screen between one bootup and the next.  It has been determined to be a hardware problem (a 2 inch white line down the middle of the screen).  Replacement cost, more than a new laptop..

I purchased a new laptop, and hooked the one with the bad screen to a monitor.  It works great and the 'Kids' like having their own PC.

With the physical setup used for  the laptop connected to the monitor, the laptop's flip-up screen(which doesn't work ) get's in the way.  Without pushing it down to a flat position, it can block the view of the external monitor.

My question - Is it possible to remove the Flip-up screen from the computer and not cause a problem with the PC functions?

Appreciate any advice, Thanks...

pcwizard

Hopeful

• A computer is for life, not just gaming!!
    Re: Laptop Screen Question
    « Reply #1 on: October 16, 2005, 01:20:57 AM »
    Hi

The screen is much like a clam shell mobile phone. It is held in place by screws and has a data/display cable running from the base of the laptop to the screen.

In short it would be possible to remove the screen but you will have all of the inners exposed. Question to ask is, how old are your kids and would they be likely to poke around a makeshift repair?

HTH.
    Jim
    A computer is for life....not just gaming!!