Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: vmWare vSphere client full screen issues  (Read 6023 times)

zeroburn

Topic Starter

Hopeful

• Knowlege will take you further than any guide
    • Yes
    • Jared Kat Enterprises
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
vmWare vSphere client full screen issues
« on: September 03, 2013, 02:08:54 PM »
Hello to everyone!

I have vmWare hypervisor hanging out on a server, and I use one virtual machine with a desktop install of windows 7 to manage everything inside the network when I connect to the vmWare box remotely. This allows me to get to router web panels, ssh into machines, and all the like without having opened up no more than the two ports that vmWare vSphere needs to communicate to the server.

In either event, I like to use that one management VM in full screen mode whenever I am doing something more involved, essentially making it seem like the vm was the OS on my client computer.

Either way, vmWare is giving me this annoying bar at the top. I can not click through it, nor see through it, making it impossible to reach tabs in firefox without re-sizing the firefox window so the tabs would not be at the very top of the screen. (EDIT: I know I could use keyboard shortcuts, but it still prevents me from seeing tab titles, etc. Would still like to just find a way to hide it/get rid of it)

Is there anything, anywhere saying how to get rid of that? I have looked through some online documentation, looked through vCenter's settings, and have found nothing.

Image of the issue posted in the attachments.

Well, thanks in advance if anyone has a solution to this I can use.

[recovering disk space, attachment deleted by admin]
I consider myself a hacker. Not in the way of "I can break into your facebook" but in the way, I like to learn as much as I can, about anything i can. I don't just like having things fixed, I like to understand why it was broken and why a particular solution fixed it. It is just how I am, and how I will always be. As teachers have said before, you cant learn if you don't figure it out in your own mind.

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Beginner
Re: vmWare vSphere client full screen issues
« Reply #1 on: September 04, 2013, 02:18:42 AM »
I haven't used VMware for a while, but I would be inclined to say that's not removable if there's nothing you can see in their documentation or the settings.
If it was, then how would you exit the VM?  There would have to be some kind of shortcut, but then they couldn't guarantee it wouldn't conflict with a shortcut set up on your host or VM, so there could be unwanted effects.  I can see why it's annoying, but equally I can see why it's there.
It would be better if it would autohide after a short period of time, like Windows' built in Remote Desktop.