Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Dropped my laptop :(  (Read 2397 times)

CP39

Topic Starter

Rookie

• Experience: Beginner
    Dropped my laptop :(
    « on: September 03, 2013, 07:41:59 AM »
    Yes, I hear ya....never drop your laptop. But I was in bed, reading a very interesting article and before I knew it my laptop was on the floor. Basically it all works fine more or less, the only problem is that the screen flickers from time to time. Sometimes it does it so frequently that you actually can't work on it...just wondering if anyone else had that problem? Or knows how to fix it? I don't want to get another laptop, I want to keep mine! 

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
      • Yes
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    Re: Dropped my laptop :(
    « Reply #1 on: September 03, 2013, 09:57:28 AM »
    The cable to the screen is probably loose or damaged.  What laptop do you have?  On some, it's relatively easy to open them up and check, but if you're unsure I would probably recommend taking it to a shop to have them take a look, because if you're not careful you can run the risk of damaging the cable further.

CP39

Topic Starter

Rookie

« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2013, 03:22:05 AM »
      I've got a Toshiba Satellite U940...I think I could open it up and see if I can fix it, but I don't want to run the risk of damaging it further. I don't trust myself enough to open it up so I think I'll probably take it to someone who's an expert on this. Thanks for the advice.

Calum

• Egghead

• Yes
        • Yes
      • Certifications: List
      • Computer: Specs
      « Reply #3 on: September 04, 2013, 06:57:48 AM »
      In that case I would definitely take it somewhere just to be sure.