Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: fix for blue screen on windows 7  (Read 3693 times)

lucypope1572

Topic Starter

Starter

• Experience: Familiar
    fix for blue screen on windows 7
    « on: September 21, 2013, 09:12:59 PM »
    Hi i have a sony vaio laptop, it now has the blue screen of death. i tried to get up the bios menu by pressing f2 now it has a black screen with white lines.is there any way to fix this also i brought a CD that claims to get rid of this problem, it says i need to change the bios to boot from CD, so again i tried to get the bios menu up but nothing happened. is there any way of getting the laptop to boot from CD without using the bios menu.

jason2074

Egghead

• It doesn't matter.
    • Experience: Beginner
    Re: fix for blue screen on windows 7
    « Reply #1 on: September 22, 2013, 12:58:43 AM »
    now it has a black screen with white lines
    The main problem should have to be a hardware problem on the onboard gpu chip. If these always occurs on initial boot-up, then a reinstall is merely impossible at this point.

lucypope1572

Topic Starter

Starter

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2013, 04:24:03 AM »
      thank you and even though there is no screen on the laptop, it doesnt change colour or work at all. could i just install windows again and it will work or is it better to just buy a new one

lucypope1572

Topic Starter

Starter

how to re- install windows 7
        « Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 01:32:15 PM »
        I bought windows 7 not too long ago, but my laptop now has the blue screen of death and I cannot run windows. I have got a backup CD, of all the folders and files that I found in my hardrive under a folder called windows. On this CD it contains a lot of folders and a lot of files. So does any know what files I would need to re install windows on the same laptop that I brought it with. Or is there any other way of re installing the windows that I brought  if so how would i do this

Allan

• Mastermind
        • Experience: Guru
        « Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 02:45:45 PM »
        Please don't start new threads for existing topics. I've merged the two together.

Computer_Commando

Hacker
        • Certifications: List
        • Computer: Specs
        • Experience: Expert
        « Reply #5 on: September 22, 2013, 03:17:22 PM »
        No BIOS screen is a bigger problem which reinstall of Windows will not fix.  Your so-called "backup CD" is worthless.  Programs (apps) must be installed not copied from folders.

Did the Vaio laptop come with Win7?

lucypope1572

Topic Starter

Starter

no boot and no bios menu
          « Reply #6 on: September 23, 2013, 07:04:41 AM »

i lost my windows 7 on my laptop because of a system crash. ive tried re installing windows 7 but nothing has worked because i don't have a bios menu where i can chose to boot from CD ive tried every key combination possible but still nothing . to add to this the screen is always blue of some form, sometimes its block colour and then other times there are lost of horizontal lines across the screen. how would i be able to fix this because the screen is well non -existent. would be very grateful if someone could help.

Allan

• Mastermind
          • Experience: Guru
          « Reply #7 on: September 23, 2013, 07:25:33 AM »
          PLEASE stop creating new threads.

When you first boot is the screen readable at all? If not, you need to have it repaired. If it is, when the system first starts look for a message that says "To enter bios (or setup) press ???? (it will tell you the correct key). If you don't see that message, try pressing the F1 key or F2 key or F3 key (try each on successive boots - one of them should work).