Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: PC Problem  (Read 2622 times)

dianendolls64

Topic Starter

• Experience: Experienced
    PC Problem
    « on: September 10, 2013, 12:44:30 PM »
    Grandson jerked hard drive cable from motherboard while computer was powered on. Now computer powers on for a few seconds and then shuts off. Do you think the motherboard is blown?

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: PC Problem
    « Reply #1 on: September 10, 2013, 01:11:38 PM »
    I'd check to make sure all fans spin that should be spinning at boot. Maybe the CPU fan plug was yanked out too.

patio

• Genius
    • Maud' Dib
      • Yes
    • Experience: Beginner
    « Reply #2 on: September 10, 2013, 09:11:44 PM »
    What was your Grandson doin inside the PC case while it was running ? ?
    " Anyone who goes to a psychiatrist should have his head examined. "

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    « Reply #3 on: September 11, 2013, 01:00:38 PM »
    My guess is that his system is like mine where I run it with the side cover off at times to get rid of excessive heat, and grandson is like how my daughter use to be at like age 3 when you turned your head for 10 seconds and she ran over to the computer like a bug drawn to a light to interact with it, and while my daughter never reached in to grab anything, she sure did love pushing the power button on the front, and see the computer go into shutdown and me yell ....NOOOooooooooooo   ;D

Now she is almost 9 and gaming online with me on occasion. Teaching her in World of Warcraft how to be druid healer with starter account which is free to play and run in groups to heal us on runs. And she has got it down pretty good to heal the tank as priority to keep alive and top everyone else off with heals in 5 party groups. And when people realize the healer is just 8 going on 9, they are like NO WAY....COOL!  ;D