Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: outlook express 6 to new pc  (Read 3897 times)

qu1nter

Topic Starter

• Experience: Expert
    outlook express 6 to new pc
    « on: October 02, 2013, 06:47:22 PM »
     hello all this is my first post. I'm a computer technician but not very good with outlook. I  hope this is an ok place to post.

My question is this,  is it possible to transfer outlook express 6.0  from one computer to  another keeping it exactly the same. I  need it to be totally the same including folders and the emails currently assigned to them  being intact. I  also needed all contacts ect being transferred.  I'm not very experienced in  outlook but  am strongly firmiliar  with Windows.  This question pertains to outlook express 6  moving from one  Windows XP  computer to  another.

Thank you for your time in advance. ;D  ;D
    Qu1nter

Chrisxs5

Hopeful
    • Sup!?
      • Where we learn IT daily!
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    Re: outlook express 6 to new pc
    « Reply #1 on: October 02, 2013, 06:49:11 PM »
    This should get you going:
    http://support.microsoft.com/kb/270670
    Check out my blog: http://vitrookie.com

System, Network, Virtualization, Storage, ETC Admin with a bunch of certs and an ego trip!

qu1nter

Topic Starter

Re: outlook express 6 to new pc
      « Reply #2 on: October 02, 2013, 06:58:47 PM »
       cool  just wondering if this will transfer the messages in their current folders?

also for some reason when I  hook up the second tower  and open outlook it wipes out all  of the emails in the Verizon account that outlook is working off of when I  go to Verizon.net  mail  any idea why??