Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Neat online PHP interpreter I found  (Read 4843 times)

DaveLembke

Topic Starter

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Neat online PHP interpreter I found
« on: October 18, 2013, 04:50:53 PM »
Found this neat online PHP interpreter when digging around on google for some info on PHP. Figured I'd share the link here in case anyone wants to play with PHP without having to install WAMP, LAMP, or XAMPP. However if you are doing anything complex or linked to a database etc you will need to use a real package locally for development.

http://writecodeonline.com/php/

Chrisxs5

Hopeful
  • Sup!?
    • Where we learn IT daily!
Re: Neat online PHP interpreter I found
« Reply #1 on: October 18, 2013, 06:52:25 PM »
I love the Javascript availability on this page. Thanks for pointing this out.
Check out my blog: http://vitrookie.com

System, Network, Virtualization, Storage, ETC Admin with a bunch of certs and an ego trip!

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Experience: Beginner
I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.

DaveLembke

Topic Starter

Sage
« Reply #3 on: October 19, 2013, 03:37:46 PM »
WOW.... SWEET!!!! Thanks for sharing that BC, so many to chose from vs just PHP, JS, etc

Also I see Ruby is there. Have been thinking about trying out that language to see how I like it. I know that people say its slower than Perl etc, and a pain to deploy, but would be good to be familiar with it all even if I dont use it as a replacement to Perl which I use on a regular basis. But also Ruby on Rails is preferred to avoid SQL Injection attacks and XSS etc so while slower it does have its benefits.

camerongray

Expert
    • Yes
    • Cameron Gray - The Random Rambings of a Computer Geek
« Reply #4 on: October 21, 2013, 07:44:11 AM »
Here's another option (That I use myself): http://ideone.com/

BC_Programmer

Mastermind
  • Typing is no substitute for thinking.
    • Yes
    • Yes
    • BC-Programming.com
  • Experience: Beginner
« Reply #5 on: October 21, 2013, 11:36:49 AM »
WOW.... SWEET!!!! Thanks for sharing that BC, so many to chose from vs just PHP, JS, etc

Also I see Ruby is there. Have been thinking about trying out that language to see how I like it. I know that people say its slower than Perl etc, and a pain to deploy, but would be good to be familiar with it all even if I dont use it as a replacement to Perl which I use on a regular basis. But also Ruby on Rails is preferred to avoid SQL Injection attacks and XSS etc so while slower it does have its benefits.

It's important to remember that Ruby on Rails- the Framework- has itself been an attack vector that has compromised websites before.

Anyway, I covered Ruby in One of my Language comparisons a while back. Ruby was the most concise language I used, in that it allowed me to write the program with the least code. I think I also make a reasonable point at the end of that particular post- "The time for judging a language on it’s inherent execution model passed before the end of the Cold War. ". It was only one line shorter than the Perl implementation, but the difference is I can look at the Ruby code and understand what is happening. With the Perl implementation, I haven't got much of a clue.

I was trying to dereference Null Pointers before it was cool.