Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Drive Copy 12 Professional - Anyone used this yet?  (Read 2784 times)

DaveLembke

Topic Starter

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Drive Copy 12 Professional - Anyone used this yet?
« on: October 23, 2013, 07:52:17 PM »
This statement of "No matter the source or target", it will transfer and work seems amazing if it works as stated. In the past when someone performed a hard drive install to new hardware, I would have to assist them through a repair installation, especially if there was a great difference between processors such as one client who had an old 800Mhz AMD Athlon and the system died due to hardware ( motherboard ) failure and he wanted everything to be back just the way it was and he had a Pentium 4 computer available to become what the old computer once was and so I assisted him in getting his computer back up and running with newer faster guts with same OS and software without having to reinstall and reconfigure all software of which some software the installation discs were no where to be found and the software packages were like $1000 to replace.

This software also works to assist in cloning a system to become a virtual system, which is a big plus when Microsoft pulled the plug on Virtual PC 2007 which I was using for virtual machines.

Curious as to if anyone has used this software to comment on if it is as good as it is advertised?

Drive Copy 12 Professional
Performs any migration, no matter the source or target

http://www.paragon-software.com/home/dc-professional/

Lisa_maree

Mentor
  • My first real computer
    • Yes
Re: Drive Copy 12 Professional - Anyone used this yet?
« Reply #1 on: October 26, 2013, 02:05:22 AM »
Yes it does work. There is a component called P2P which runs from the boot CD that when run resets the windows drivers for the new hardware. So the drive boots up into windows, then you would need to reactivate windows and load the manufactures drivers.
If you think it is amazing it is.
It's a must for every Technician.

The software will make virtual images but doesn't have the virtual machine software you still need either a free vm software or something like vmware to run the virtual image.

Lisamaree
You have not lived today until you have done something for someone who can never repay you.”
― John Bunyan

DaveLembke

Topic Starter

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
Re: Drive Copy 12 Professional - Anyone used this yet?
« Reply #2 on: October 26, 2013, 05:00:13 PM »
Thanks Lisa_maree for the helpful response with specifics about it. Definately going to pick up a copy then.

Thanks   8)