Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Adobe Flash Install - Almost Installed McAfee Antivirus  (Read 2502 times)

DaveLembke

Topic Starter

Sage
  • Certifications: List
  • Computer: Specs
  • Experience: Expert
Adobe Flash Install - Almost Installed McAfee Antivirus
« on: December 03, 2013, 04:59:06 PM »
Upgraded my one Windows 7 Home Premium System from 32-bit to 64-bit, by adding another hard drive and moving SATA cable to it disconnecting the 32-bit old build. During the process after Windows 7 64-bit Home Premium install, I installed Firefox 25.0.1 and then went to youtube which then popped up stating that I need to install the Flash Player. So I went to Adobe and clicked to download Flash and did so, and then I went to run the install and right as I clicked to run it I saw in the corner of my eye that it wanted to Install McAfee Antivirus as default check box.

I yelled out a word that cant be shared here and quickly killed the install of Adobe Flash and my wife asked what that was all about when I went into a panic mode to kill the install process. Told her that Adobe Flash now when installed wants to install McAfee by default and McAfee Sucks and will not be on any systems of mine.

I am use to seeing Yahoo Toolbar off to the left with a checkbox to refuse that as well as some other feature to opt out of the bundle install of, and didnt see that when telling it to install. This time however center top of the installer is this check box checked to install McAfee Antivirus.

Fortunately I didnt trash the registry of my clean build by killing the install in process, it hadn't gotten that far yet I guess and so I was able to launch it for a second time and this time uncheck the McAfee Antivirus default install and install the Flash Plugin as clean as possible.

I can understand other free software funded possibly by the number of users that accidentally install toolbars etc, which the toolbars control the users destinations while surfing to go to destinations that are prime for those who have paid say Yahoo for them to be #1 on the list of searches etc, and possibly report back with web habits with cookies etc, but to force antivirus installations by a company that is making good money with all their successful products ( Adobe ), is just stupid!