Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: How do I get webpage to cover the whole of the desktop?  (Read 5049 times)

Frankie

Topic Starter

Apprentice
  • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
    How do I get webpage to cover the whole of the desktop?
    « on: October 30, 2013, 10:57:28 PM »
    This has been provoking me for like ever, but just keep forgetting to ask how to fix it. Take a look at the webpage and you can see it doesn't cover my entire desktop like I would like it to do. I keep having to mess about re-sizing it ever time I start Google chrome. How do I get it to cover my entire desktop from the start without messing about with re-sizing or expanding everytime? Thanks!!

[recovering disk space, attachment deleted by admin]

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: How do I get webpage to cover the whole of the desktop?
    « Reply #1 on: October 30, 2013, 11:09:57 PM »
    I use F11 key when I want page to be full and F11 to bring back the desktop etc.

BTW my Cat taught me about F11... walked away from computer one day and cat walked across keyboard, and I got back and was like ...what the.... and started pressing keys until it went away and found F11 was the key   ::)

Cat also taught me about how dangerous a power strip is under a desk that can get stepped on and shut off. Pepsi bottle cap with loop of electrical tape over power switch was cure to random power outages to computer equipment that was caused by cat.  ;D

Frankie

Topic Starter

Apprentice
    • I love YaBB 1G - SP1!
      « Reply #2 on: October 31, 2013, 01:18:55 AM »
      I use F11 key when I want page to be full and F11 to bring back the desktop etc.

BTW my Cat taught me about F11... walked away from computer one day and cat walked across keyboard, and I got back and was like ...what the.... and started pressing keys until it went away and found F11 was the key   ::)

Cat also taught me about how dangerous a power strip is under a desk that can get stepped on and shut off. Pepsi bottle cap with loop of electrical tape over power switch was cure to random power outages to computer equipment that was caused by cat.  ;D

Yes, I know about the F11 key, but I just want to start my browser and it be full screen without having to do anything else. As for your suggestion about the Pepsi bottle cap & the electrical tape. Can I use a Diet coke bottle cap? It's just I'm a bit on the large size at the present and need to lose some weight. I would upgrade to the Pepsi Bottle cap at a later date though. Please Advise!!

Computer_Commando

Hacker
      « Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 04:38:49 PM »
      Looking at your pic, it's not F11 you want, it's Zoom.  Looks like it's zoomed out too much.  Don't know how to do it with Chrome.  For Firefox, use Cntrl+ and Cntrl-

DaveLembke

Sage
      « Reply #4 on: October 31, 2013, 11:02:31 PM »
      As for your suggestion about the Pepsi bottle cap & the electrical tape. Can I use a Diet coke bottle cap? It's just I'm a bit on the large size at the present and need to lose some weight. I would upgrade to the Pepsi Bottle cap at a later date though. Please Advise!!

;D    Feng Shui declares Pepsi Cap and not Diet Pepsi Cap to be used in the office to protect power switch from being switched off  :P   Use of a Diet Pepsi Cap or other product such as Coke would create an imbalance in the office which could lead to a catastrophic loss of data in the near future. Ask a friend if you can have their Pepsi Cap when they are done or promptly buy a Pepsi and pour it down sink and use the cap. Make sure cap is dry first to avoid shock!  ;)

Wyngs

Beginner

« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 03:37:06 PM »
        This has been provoking me for like ever, but just keep forgetting to ask how to fix it. Take a look at the webpage and you can see it doesn't cover my entire desktop like I would like it to do. I keep having to mess about re-sizing it ever time I start Google chrome. How do I get it to cover my entire desktop from the start without messing about with re-sizing or expanding everytime? Thanks!!

Not one of the gurus, but this appears to be a setting in your graphics display. Right-click on the desktop and check your resolution. For the best looking image, it should be set to the native resolution of your monitor - but you can enlarge or shrink the display if you wish.