Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Issue with user accounts  (Read 2470 times)

redneondot

Topic Starter

Greenhorn

• Experience: Beginner
    Issue with user accounts
    « on: March 08, 2014, 09:20:07 PM »
    I have windows vista

Yesterday ,after rebooting, my computer performed a disk check. After rebooting again, the computer worked normally *until* I came to the windows logon screen. Instead of having just two user accounts (Administrator and Our Family), a third one appeared. This one was also named "Our Family" and was password protected. Neither of our user accounts were ever password protected. Not knowing the password I obviously couldn't access that account. After logging in to the non-password protected "Our Family" account I noticed the desktop screen has the safe mode appearance even though I wasn't in safe mode. Also Java quit working, the audio service wouldn't run, and the 6to4 adapter wasn't working properly among other issues. I decided to try to restore windows to an earlier version. In attempting to do so, I receive this error message:

I went to services to turn on the Volume Shadow Copy Service however I received another error message: