Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: Code 31 PNP device Windows wont update  (Read 3167 times)

runninbare

Topic Starter

Rookie

• still able to beachbum
    • Experience: Beginner
    Code 31 PNP device Windows wont update
    « on: April 16, 2014, 10:47:35 AM »
    The camera device has yellow triangle in programs, along with F , E, I, H, & G folders, has one next to USB also, & printer, (printer running fine, camera wont download pictures.
    Microsoft worked by remote for 5 hours, & did pretty much what I did, wouldl update successfully, but failed all updates later.
    They said I pretty much had to buy an external drive, backup, & reinstall 7.
    I think this would make it worse, as it took many months to fix Win 7 when it was installed, & contact the device manufactuers to get 7 updates on their end.
    A couple boxes I came across, said it was running off XP, which was shipped with this machine. Microsoft finally admitted it was a nightmare to install 7 over XP.
    Right after they stopped support on XP, on the 8th, seems when this all happened. Cannot get a hold of Gateway to update drivers for this machine GT4016, as it is not under warranty, so Gateway will not give time of day to you without a credit card number.
    Is this somehow related to the stopped support on Windows XP, even though it was supposed to be running on 7?
    If so, I doubt, a re-install would help, it would not let Windows update.
    runnningbare