Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: i'm having a problam with my game  (Read 8894 times)

Jenny Hughes

i'm having a problam with my game
« on: October 24, 2005, 08:54:03 AM »
i have just bought the game:

lets ride the rosemond hill collection

off of e-bay,

i loaded the first game : competitions at rosemond hill, it worked fine, but when i loaded the second game, legacy of rosemond hill my computer restarts, it happens everytime i load the game on.

is it a problam with my computer, or my game?? please help me!!

Flame

• Prodigy

• Think, dream, see, be... Everything.
    • Yes
  • Certifications: List
  • Experience: Guru
Re: i'm having a problam with my game
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2005, 10:31:54 AM »
What does it say when you see the blue screen? Is it a hardware issue? Does the system meet your game's requirements? Have you checked for updates on the game manufacturer's website? Have you been keeping up with Windows Updates?

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Jenny

« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2005, 12:57:10 PM »
all that happens is that when i load the game, my computer shuts itself down and then turns itself back on. do you think it is my game or pc?

Jenny

« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2005, 12:58:39 PM »
all that happens is that when i load the game, my computer shuts itself down and then turns itself back on. do you think it is my game or pc?

Fed

• Sage
    • Experience: Experienced
    « Reply #4 on: October 24, 2005, 01:55:16 PM »
    Download & run Everest Home Edition then tick the boxes below.

"Minimum:
    • Windows® 98/ME/XP
    • Pentium® II 266 MHz
     or 100% compatible
    • 64 MB RAM
    • 500 MB hard disk space to
     install both games at the
     same time
    • 8 MB DirectX® compliant
     3D graphic accelerator
    • DirectX compliant sound card
    • DirectX 7 or higher
    • 4x CD-ROM drive
    • Mouse

Recommended Requirements:
    • Pentium® II 450 MHz
     or 100% compatible
    • 128 MB RAM
    • 16 MB DirectX® compliant
     3D graphic accelerator
    • 8x CD-ROM drive "

Flame

• Prodigy

• Yes
    « Reply #5 on: October 24, 2005, 02:37:15 PM »
    It sounds like a computer incompatibility issue to me.

[glb]Flame[/glb]

jenny

« Reply #6 on: October 25, 2005, 01:56:15 AM »
    were can i download that?

Fed

• Sage
      « Reply #7 on: October 25, 2005, 02:05:57 AM »
      http://www.lavalys.com/
      Everest Home Edition will tell you all about your computer.

jenny

« Reply #8 on: October 25, 2005, 03:02:53 AM »
      ok, i'll try that, i'll post back to tell you if it works, i'll have to do it later though cos i'm off out somewhere today

jenny

« Reply #9 on: October 25, 2005, 02:48:45 PM »
      i downloaded it, but it still doesn't work, so i e-mailed the company that made the game, and they have replied with a load of things that might be wrong, so i will try all them, hopefully they will tell me what might be wrong.

Flame

• Prodigy

• Yes
      « Reply #10 on: October 25, 2005, 03:30:11 PM »
      Can you post us a copy of what they wrote you?

[glb]Flame[/glb]

Fed

• Sage
        « Reply #11 on: October 25, 2005, 11:49:01 PM »
        Jenny, Everest was suggested so that you could find out if your computer met the game's requirements.
        It wasn't meant to be a magic bullet to fix the game for you.

jenny hughes

« Reply #12 on: October 26, 2005, 04:26:41 AM »
        the e-mail said :

Dear Let's Ride: The Rosemond Hill Collection Customer,

Thank you for your recent communication.  First make sure that your screen resolution is set to 800x600 and your color to 16-bit high color.  

+++++
        Please try the following suggestions in the order listed. If you continue to have problems (and for a faster resolution) reply to this message with the MAKE/MODEL of your video card, as well as the file DATE & VERSION number of your VIDEO CARD DRIVER.
        +++++

It sounds like your video card drivers are out of date.  Even if you purchased a new computer today, it was probably shipped with the first revision of driver. To find out the MAKE/MODEL of your video card and the file DATE and VERSION number of your video card driver:

1. Right click on MY COMPUTER.
        2. Select PROPERTIES.
        3. Click on the DEVICE MANAGER tab (For XP, please click on HARDWARE FIRST).
        4. Click on the plus sign next to DISPLAY ADAPTERS. The name listed here is the make/model of your video card.  
        5. Double click on this name.
        6. Click on the DRIVER tab.  Here you will find the file version and file date of the driver currently in use on your system.  Note: You may need to click on the DRIVER FILE DETAILS button to obtain the driver version.
        7. Check your computer manufacturer & video card manufacturer's websites to see if they have a newer driver posted for your card.

To update the video driver, contact your computer manufacturer to find out if they have customized the video drivers for your system.  You can also check for updated drivers at your video card manufacturer's website.  For information on how to update your driver, visit:  http://www.valusoftsupport.com/KBArticle.asp?kbid=451

IMPORTANT: After updating your video card drivers, please VERIFY that your computer is running the driver you have just installed by going back to the DRIVER tab.  Next, uninstall your program by using the Add/Remove Programs function in your Control Panel, restart your computer, and reinstall your program. This allows the game to recognize the new driver.

DISCLAIMER: Updating drivers is considered computer maintenance and is something for which we do not support.  We assume no responsibility for the effects that changing the driver for your video card / video chipset may have on your system.
        Check your Hardware Acceleration.  Note: if the game plays when set to None, that is an indication to update your video card driver.

XP users:
        Set your Hardware Acceleration to Full. You can do this by right clicking on the desktop, click Properties, and click the settings tab. Click on the Advanced button and select troubleshoot. Move the slider bar to Full.  Play the game, if performance does not improve, please set the acceleration to almost none or none, and play.

Win 98/ME users:
        Set your Hardware Acceleration to Full. You can do this by right clicking on My Computer, click Properties and click on the Performance tab. Click on the graphics button and move the slider bar to full. Play the game, if performance does not improve, please set the acceleration to almost none or none, and play.
        You may want to apply the critical updates for your Windows Operating System from Microsoft at:  http://www.microsoft.com/ms.htm Click on Downloads and then select Windows Update from the drop down menu.  Click on scan for updates.  Download and install the Critical updates for your computer (at ValuSoft, we also download and install the recommended updates as well).

You can try to improve your computers performance by doing a scandisk and disk defragment.  Go to START /  Programs / Accessories / System Tools.  Select Scan disk - make sure your hard drive is selected.  Depending on the last time you did this - it could possibly run for up to a few hours.  

Next Go to START / Programs / Accessories / System Tools.  Select Disk Defragment. This will compact your hard drive and repairs errors.  This should optimize your hard drive for best performance.
        Windows 98/ME users:  You may want to try the End Task Process before playing their game.  This process frees some RAM and closes programs that can interfere with game play and performance.  For more information on how to do this, visit: http://www.valusoftsupport.com/KBArticle.asp?kbid=461
        Let us know how it goes. If you continue to have problems and to EXPEDITE a solution - 1. we need to know the MAKE/MODEL of your VIDEO CARD and 2. the file DATE & 3. VERSION number of your video card DRIVER.

And 4. We need to know the Microsoft driver version:

1. Click START.
        2. Click RUN.
        3. Type DXDIAG
        4. Click OK.
        5. Click on the Display tab.
        6. Tell us the version listed under DRIVERS.

ValuSoft is committed to customer satisfaction.  

Regards,
        ValuSoft Tech Support