Welcome guest. Before posting on our computer help forum, you must register. Click here it's easy and free.

Author Topic: laptop power problem  (Read 2377 times)

thogen

Topic Starter

• Experience: Beginner
    laptop power problem
    « on: June 09, 2014, 09:17:16 AM »
    Hi , been struggling with this laptop for a while and nothing seems to work. If you guys have a solution I'd be very grateful. Here's the problem...
    Computer is plugged in , battery light flashes orange. If I try to turn it on, most of the time power goes on half a sec, then everything shuts down light included. However, sometimes it stays on a minute or two before shutting down. It also shuts down as soon as I lift it.
    I've replaced the motherboard and ac/cord, no results. Halp pls. Model is Asus k52jc.

DaveLembke

Sage
    • Certifications: List
    • Computer: Specs
    • Experience: Expert
    Re: laptop power problem
    « Reply #1 on: June 10, 2014, 04:55:21 PM »
    It also shuts down as soon as I lift it.

As soon as you move it it shuts down.... sounds like a loose connection of some sort.

What is the past history of this system... ( salvaged from landfill, something spilled in it, dropped down a flight of stairs, etc ).... swapping out a main board for a laptop is usually beyond the value of the laptop. How much money have you tied up into this laptop so far?

Have you been able to boot this system with the battery removed from it and powered off of the wall adapter directly without battery?

Shutting down in 1/2 second is usually something pretty serious. Whereas taking a while before shutdown is usually thermal related or battery life related.

eQuilibrium

Rookie

• Experience: Familiar
      Re: laptop power problem
      « Reply #2 on: June 11, 2014, 02:44:38 AM »
      There are lots to consider in this one. One is that your power cable is cut or damaged so it won't be able to charge your battery thus it shuts down instantly. Try using other power connector and see if that solves it. If not, update me.  :-*